• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

For the sufferers of nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Marbles

Confident
I used to wake up in the middle of the night, sitting straight up, soaked with sweat, every fiber of my being taught as could be, gripping the mattress so tight that my fingers would tear holes in the fabric all the while choking on a scream. This would happen night after night for years and years.

It has been a long time since I had a nightmare that intense. I still have them, but the intensity is much lower. I take no meds to help, I am aware of only a couple of meds that help with PTSD related nightmares, one wreaks havoc with your potassium levels and I am hypokolemic. the other one I happen to be allergic to, which is disappointing since it is also a bit of a boner pill.

The reason I did this post is to let those of you still struggling with the intensity and/or frequency of nightmares, it can get better, just keep working and persevering, you have both my sympathy and my support.

This is my second day taking it (Prazosin 1mg before bed). I felt like I wasn' really asleep all night and still had my usual recurring dreams. Now it is noon the next day and my body feels like I have the flu. Dizzy, tired and icky. I have a 1 year old to wake up and take care of! Did this happen to anyone else and it got better?

Ok thank you to everyone who responded. I have been taking propranolol for anxiety while I taper off effexor so I am already lowering my bp smh. A little dizziness would be ok. I feel like a zombie. I am not taking this another night screw this trazadone was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back