Research Forensic Psychology Research - Childhood Sibling Violence & Intimate Partner Violence

Chelsey802

New Here
Hello myPTSD Community. I am a doctoral student in forensic psychology. One of the areas that I have focused on during my studies was victim advocacy. I am conducting a research study for my dissertation. The purpose of the study is to explore the effects of childhood sibling violence with adults who later experienced intimate partner violence. The objective of the study is to understand the cyclical process of violence, raise awareness and promote social change for sibling violence and domestic violence victims. Participants will be interviewed virtually, lasting approximately 60 minutes. All research materials will be kept confidential and participant's name will not be revealed in the study. Below is my research flyer with additional details on the study, participant criteria and my contact information.

Recruiting volunteers now and through the end of April!

Have you experienced both childhood sibling violence and intimate partner violence as an adult? If so, would you like to share your story and participate in a research study?

You may qualify if you:

˙
Are 18-64 years of age
˙ Must have experienced sibling violence in childhood
˙ Must have experienced intimate partner violence in adulthood
Must be removed from the intimate partner violence relationship
˙ Must be fluent in English
˙ You are willing to consent to an audio recorded virtual face-to-face interview via Skype

Participation involves:

˙
An audio recorded interview that will last at least 60 minutes. The interview will be conducted privately and at a time and date that is convenient for you. A follow-up phone call may take place, if needed.

Benefits:

˙
The purpose of this study is to explore the effects of childhood sibling violence with adults who later experienced intimate partner violence. Your participation and your story may help raise awareness of childhood sibling violence and adult intimate partner violence relationships, which may contribute to intervention and prevention programs that may reduce the likelihood for revictimization. Participants will also receive a $10 gift card. Participant information and research materials will be kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of this study. The interview is part of a dissertation study conducted by Chelsey Barger, a Walden University doctoral candidate. If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact Chelsey Barger by email [email protected].