1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a New Doc Out of State!

Discussion in 'General' started by permban0077, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I emailed a center in Kansas a while back asking about services and such and that I was moving from Houston area to Kansas and I have PTSD... I have had my head so far up my butt. One of the therapist who works with PTSD and trauma as on the net it shows it being one of her strong suits e mailed me and I have not got around to returning it. So surprise suprise she calls my husband this AM!

I was thinking at first damn, good service... they are on top of things. Set up an appt for next Friday before Christmas to see how we work out together and if I like her. You know the innitial meeting appt.

But me in my cynical mind... Oh no I had to annoy hubs. I said shit, do you think they are just that desperate for business? :hit-boss: was hubs reaction with me.

Bright side is when asked about insurance I said I had paid my last therapist out of pocket for 6 months, once a week for our weekly appt. She said well lets see if we can help you out, so I am guessing they do sliding scale which I won't bitch about. But she sounded nice on the phone and I hope I get a decent one out of the gate (I can hope!)

But happy I got a meeting with a therapist and this will be a first as I have only been to doctors... But if PTSD is a strong area for her maybe it can push me further!

Wish me luck next Friday while I go see my new "doc", now I have to set up a new shrink to control the meds and trying to get me the rest of the way off and I will be set up.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Congrats on the "with it' therapist Veiled! Which reminds me, I better call mine and see if he can see me after work!! I have to work during our therapy times!! Doh!

Bec

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

NICE, veiled! I hope she's it and I DO hope you get some help funding it. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

5. anthony

anthony Donate To Keep MyPTSD Founder

Good stuff veiled... hope all goes well with the new doc.

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Congrats, veiled. The difference for me from a regular therapist to one who specializes in PTSD was like night and day. Hope this works out well!

7. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Awesome veiled, that's really good news. I hope it works out well for you.

8. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Way to go, veiled. Let us know how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar