• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Freaking out over neighbor's domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_03

MyPTSD Pro
I am sitting here shaking uncontrollably as my neighbors battle it out. I am meant to be working but can't focus, as I am terrified. I have only recently moved in so don't know these two that well. All I know is that they are a young couple and they both have generally been nice to me. They are my only neighbors. They're loud with music and parties sometimes, but this is the first time I hear them fighting like this. It seems like the walls are shaking and one of them keeps banging something. The walls in my house are literally shaking, and my son's room is right next to the wall with theiri apartment.

I hear them screaming at each other. This makes me worry that what if one of them has a gun and this gets really ugly? What if this escalates? I'm right next door. Not only is the shaking walls and screaming terrifying, but for f*ck's sake, what if it goes further? Or am I just overreacting cause i've been the victim of domestic violence in the past and this is triggering me? Maybe it's not that big of a deal and couples do this all the time. It doesn't sound like either one of them is physically striking the other, but I don't know why the hell the walls are shaking and it sounds like one of them is destroying the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back