• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Friend in Hawaii - Tsunami Evacuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perspective11

Confident
I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct area of the forum.

My previous counselor and I became friends after she quit working there (people can say what they want about that being unethical/unprofessional but you don't know the situation - plus she wasn't in contact with me as a friend during the time she was my counselor).

I'm sorry if that comes off mean... I've gotten enough comments about this from people.

Right now I'm having a panic attack after reading online about there being a tsunami evacuation in Hawaii, where she and her family moved to this last Tuesday.

She has been texting me the last 1/2 hour and is going to higher ground, but I'm still going into a panic attack - thinking the worse is going to happen. There are cars parked on the road on the way to the Army base where they are headed.

I appreciate that she let me know this morning - it at least let me know they are going to higher ground right now.

Is there such a thing as a healthy panic attack? Natural worry to this extent?

Of course perspective there is. That's because you love her. And just shows how much she loves you/ knows you will worry so is trying to let you know she & her family are all right.

My thoughts and prayers are with her, and you too. -What a terrible thing but remember it is very good they have the (fore)warning.

-Hugs to you.-

I've been watching the news about all of this and I am so sorry your friend is in the path of this threat. But I'm sure all will be OK. The islands do have mountains so try not to worry.

Yea! I know, duh!!!Don't worry!!!Silly me what was I thinking. I'm really not trying to make lite of the fear you are feeling. My prayers are with you and your friend.

Thank you both.

I have a few other friends in the Pacific areas that are having warnings, but have no way of contacting them right now.

I did hear from her a few minutes ago and they are at the army base away from the coast where they live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back