• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

general memory issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumors

MyPTSD Pro
So in the last several months I have noticed that, at times not all the time, I have trouble finding the correct words when talking. I can pause when writing and take a minute or google acronyms, but verbally I can't sometimes find the words. Also, last week I was driving on my way home on a very familiar road and I was a bit zoned out thinking about some craziness going on in my life right now and I kind of came to and for a split second I couldn't figure out where I was. It scared the crap out of me. I have NEVER had that happen. Recently I have also struggled with directions which isn't usual for me. Its like I am struggling being dialed in to where I am and my location. Anyway, subtle changes but I feel like I need to be more aware and see if I am truly having a health issue or if I am just dissociating and not completely dialed in. Does anyone else ever have this???

Does anyone else ever have this???
In a few different ways.

My TBI is acting up when I can’t concise shit up, into what I mean to say.

When I have a migraine coming on I cannot find the right words. Other people call me on this one, looooong before I notice it, myself.

When I’m dissociating all KINDS of shit goes sideways, including but not limited to, time/location/intent/order-of-events (directions; first this, then that, then... the f*ck??? Aaaaargh. Go away. I can’t think).

I have NEVER had that happen.
Has anything changed in the past few months? New medication, weaning off a medication, big life event, loss of sleep, etc.? Anything new/new-ish?

Last edited:
So in the last several months I have noticed that, at times not all the time, I have trouble finding the correct words when talking. I can pause when writing and take a minute or google acronyms, but verbally I can't sometimes find the words. Also, last week I was driving on my way home on a very familiar road and I was a bit zoned out thinking about some craziness going on in my life right now and I kind of came to and for a split second I couldn't figure out where I was. It scared the crap out of me. I have NEVER had that happen. Recently I have also struggled with directions which isn't usual for me. Its like I am struggling being dialed in to where I am and my location. Anyway, subtle changes but I feel like I need to be more aware and see if I am truly having a health issue or if I am just dissociating and not completely dialed in. Does anyone else ever have this???
I also have trouble with directions. As well, memory issues have plagued me recently. One of my Drs put me on Airycept for the memory issues. So, one day it got worse, I felt like my brain was made of cotton candy. There was a real sensation, even though I've been told that the actual brain tissue does not physically feel at all. Anyway, I went to the ER and they did every blood test they could, something like a dozen tubes of blood. They also did a brain scan. There was nothing to be found! I don't know if they there was a test they failed to administer, or what. Anyway, they suggested I see a Neurologist. I called the office of the one they suggested, I called three times. I got to speak to the receptionist once. She said they needed records, but when I called back later, after the ER visit, to tell them I had the records, they didn't call back. So I got the name and number of another Neurologist. Starting over...

@Friday
Eh.... I take a lot of heart meds but they haven't changed in quite a while. Maybe those are taking full effect now? Stress? I have some stress that sometimes can be overwhelming. Sleep is ALWAYS an issue.... I don't want to be one of those people that runs to the doctor and then its nothing but I am wondering if there are some things I could do to really dial in and see if I am still having an issue. I used to be very good with directions and getting places so this feels different and weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back