• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Getting impossible to pee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostforgottensoul

MyPTSD Pro
Soooo, yeah, lets talk pee. I have no idea where this goes on the forum. I suspect maybe anxiety but unsure really.

It has gotten to be a literal nightmare to pee. Yep, to pee. I do take high milligrams of gabapenten (1200mg 3 times a day for nerve pain) and one of the side effects of that is difficulty peeing. So it has always been hard to release my bladder but lately (have not increased the gabapentin in years and cannot decrease it) it has taken an act of god, a long time in the bathroom (to a point that I have been late coming back from a 15 min break at work), some imagry of a waterfall or water falling and "shhhh" sounds (something I've always done to help) and a long time to pee. And then what's worse is it comes so slowly when it does release and so sparatic and I have some nerve damage and loss of feeling in my urthrea due to forced cathiters during my trauma that I think I am done when I'm not (can't feel myself peeing anymore and it's so slow I can't hear it) that I get up (though I do purposely wait quite a while for this reason) and end up peeing all down my leg....at work! :wtf::bag:

I suspect that maybe highened anxiety is causing my muscles to tense and not allow my bladder to release. More then usual anyway. There really isn't anything doctors can do about the nerve damage and gabapentin side effects. And I have damaged nerves in my back that travel down the outside of my thighs (femoral neuropathy which is why I'm on the gabapentin) that has gotten worse in the last few months but I don't know if that may also cause more nerve loss down there? But it has gotten to a point where I've said outloud "OH MY GOD, JUST f*ckING PEE!" in the public bathroom at work. At my other job I could trickle the water (then others that come in would often turn it off) but these here at my current job the sinks are all on motion sensors and I have not found anything to put in front of the sensor and not sure that would work anyway.

I thought it was a long shot but can anyone relate to this? Or have any advise about it? What about how to relax those muscles? Any tips or tricks to that? Tried Kegals and that does nothing. Not sure what else I could do but thought I'd ask. I just want to pee :arghh; (in a timely manner and not pee all down my legs)!

I also have difficulty releasing my urine. In my case it’s a body memory that has followed me all my life. I feel full but then nothing will flow. Then a little comes out and then I feel empty. Then I go out to the next room and know I have to go again. I’ve been told that it’s a reaction to being raped at 4 years old and having my crotch blown up. Many times.

As a matter of fact I finally told my t this and he said we can work on that whenever I’m ready. It takes me so long to express myself.

You’re doing all the right tricks to get a flow going. The only place I can empty my bladder fully is in the shower. The heat helps to relax my sphincter.

please do NOT take Cipro.. if in fact this is a UTI.. please read up on it first, and come to your own conclusions... I took it for a UTI and it ruined the tendons in my knees.... it is considered a 'black box' drug and should not even be prescribed... just a personal experience... take what you need and leave what you don't.

It's not a UTI. Been checked. Plus, it's not new. I mean, it's always been there but worse over the last maybe 6 months, real bad over the last 3. But its always been hard to pee. I think another part of that is having to hold my bladder for very extended timeframes. You get sort of used to holding it and then it gets hard to go when you know you need to go. Maybe part of it too. I think theres a lot of pieces to it (some medical, some medication side effect, and some mental) but the increase of it being hard to go and the increase of pee down my legs is what I don't get nor do I get how to help it.

In my case it’s a body memory that has followed me all my life.

Yeah, maybe that's it. I have a lot of body memories and physical things caused by mental reasoning. Its frustrating for damn sure!

@lostforgottensoul Maybe it’s time for a change with the gabapentine. Wait, don’t yell at me!!! LOL!!!! I can’t take that shit due to severe dizziness, but..... I needed something for nerve pain also due to pinched nerve in hip. The pain was excruciating... FINALLY, my Neurologist, when I saw him put me on Tegrotol. It’s an older drug used for nerve pain, but I had no side effects other than dry mouth for a bit and that has eased up too.

Might be worth a try is all I’m sayin..........

My experience with this phenomenon is that if there is no bacteria found in the urine, then the medical people don’t care what the cause is or know how to offer relief. And it is an aggravating condition. My reiki master is working on this for me. The huge leap forward was being able to admit its rape related and that trauma is held by the body in such bizarre ways, it’s mind boggling. My root chakra is almost always shut down. She taught me how to breathe the color into each chakra to help keep them open. Yes, medications may contribute, but that doesn’t apply to a condition that predates that factor by decades. I’ve come to the conclusion that meditation, shamanic journeying and regular reiki sessions has been the most beneficial means of identifying body memories and overcoming them.

I’ve been told by many people that I put my hands over my throat when I’m challenged. I was totally unaware that I did this. Becoming aware of the defense mechanism helps move shift my consciousness so that I can become self aware instead of self numb. Only then can I possibly recover from all the craziness trauma has wrought on me for a lifetime.

@lostforgottensoul if your condition predates any medication, then look for body memories. The bladder and our sex organs are intertwined. It’s complicated. Lately I pay attention to my urine flow and I’m getting better at emptying my bladder. Awareness is crucial.

@desiderata310 i agree that childbirth triggers bladder shyness. Nothing like blowing up the crotch for causing bladder shut down. Glad it was only temporary for you.

@lostforgottensoul another thing that has been beneficial for me is regular Chiropractic care. My whole nervous system is working more normally than ever. Breaking my silence re: CSA with caregivers brings with it more compassion and results. I happen to have a herniated disc at L4-L5 and the nerves at that level feed the pelvic region. I don’t get a backache from that disc, I get pain in my pelvis and numbness in my foot.

I found that it helped to actually pour warm water on myself helped.

I can see this helping as its easier in the shower. Yep, I pee in the shower cause its easier. But how could I simulate this at work? Cause the only hot water available is the boiling hot out of the coffee machine (the lever that says hot water) and though I could add the ice cold water to make warm water, I am not sure if I could pour it on myself and not get myself, my clothes, and the floor soaked. I thought of a rice filled cloth for a heat pack but there is no microwave on the call center floor which is the bathroom I use. Theres a coffee machine, the cold water thing, and a sink but thats it. Its impossible to walk to the other bathroom past the break room.

but would a recorded sound of water running on your phone help???

Ooo, maybe. Its in the "PCI compliance" area (meaning no phones out) but they dont have cameras in there. As long as I can put it up to my ear and no one else can hear it, I see no issue doing that. Will give that a try.

@She Cat, I've been on several medications for my neuropathy (my thighs) and Tegrotol is one of those. It does help the nerve pain in my back but it didn't help my neuropathy in my thighs so we stuck with gabapentin since it helped both. My thighs are the main thing as without it I can't walk and am screaming all day. If its supposed to help neuropathy I may not have been on the right milligrams but I am not wanting to change what works as if something doesn't work I can't walk.

Chiropractic

Won't touch me due to the injuries in my back. I've tried to go to a chiroprator and he was like "nope". Same with a few I went to after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back