• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Going Back to In Person Therapy Possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went back to in person therapy today I didn't like it she rearranged her room and it felt cold. She put the couch where I used to sit on the floor. She was literally 12 feet away from me. I couldn't see her expressions at all they were all covered up by her mask. I just feel lost. My mask kept slipping down so that's all I was focused on.

Sorry about this, @SinkorSwim. This is one of the things I'm worried about. Did you talk to her about it?

I'm sorry about that too.
What was it about the room that felt cold? Is there something that can be done about that to make it better?

Is there another spot on floor that would work for you rather than your usual one that is now taken by the furniture?

I hope you find a way that works for you.
I found I needed a couple of therapy sessions online before I could use it, as it took me a little time to manage the transition. So might be worth trying again and seeing if you get used to it?

Well I went back to in person therapy today I didn't like it she rearranged her room and it felt cold. She put the couch where I used to sit on the floor. She was literally 12 feet away from me. I couldn't see her expressions at all they were all covered up by her mask. I just feel lost. My mask kept slipping down so that's all I was focused on.
I'm sorry it didn't feel like before but maybe that is OK? Would there be any way to make her office less cold? If you were 12feet away, could you suggest less separation?

Could you sit somewhere else? Could your therapist move something or do something to accommodate you?

I did go back to in person and it went better than I expected but we kept to lighter topic and talked about how the office felt, etc. She was 6feet away more or less. I am thinking it might take a few sessions to get used to this new "normal".

Sending love.

I'm glad I stuck with it. Second session in person and she understood where I was coming from and apologized. I would go into it more and tell you what she has done for me but I'm afraid I'll be judged on here. I'll just say I got to sit on the floor in the corner today and that made things feel a lot more safe and not so cold.

Glad it worked for you! I'm sick of video conference, as well. There's nothing I can do about it and realize it may take awhile for anything to go back to the was it was before Covid-19. Them, is the facts, ma'am!

I’m mainly online, but have seen her in person twice. I’m starting to find that they both have advantages. In person isn’t the same as it used to be. I thought that I’d miss the hug, but I didn’t. I’m currently afraid to go near people. (Hugs is something we were working on) I like the grounding exercises better in person. She is much more attuned to my body language in person. Speaking about personal things in her office, surprisingly, has been more triggering than online. I think my bedroom at home feels safer in a way. One time the WiFi kept having problems and we ended up in a phone call. I was crying and her voice was the most comforting feeling ever. I guess it just doesn’t matter as long as I have contact with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back