• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Got My Driver's License!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

batgirl

MyPTSD Pro
This past Monday I went for my driver's test and I passed with flying colours! First try!! I was so stoked!! Only problem was, I got so excited that I ended up being majorly stressed out. Positive stress really gets to me too. But I feel better now, and was ready to share about it finally. It's a major accomplishment for me as I was so phobic about driving; I hadn't driven since I was 17, and I am 24 now. I understand now what everyone was saying about it being total freedom and independence!! It totally is that!

Since I got my license on Monday, I have gone out driving on my own every day except today (the roads were icy, not really safe as we live in the country). I rode 3 hours there and back on the highway on Travis' birthday, when going to his party at the air base. Kind of ironic considering the last time I drove, I was driving out of a military base to run away from my family. So when I drove through the gates, it was an odd feeling, but a good feeling too! Kind of like I had conquered whatever it was that had me running from the base in the first place.

I've driven into town twice to pick up groceries for Mum. I also drove into town yesterday just for fun, and decided to have coffee at a little coffee shop, all by myself. I brought a book to read. It's been really great going into town and shopping, that is something I haven't done on my own for several months. I am still quite nervous about it but so far I have had good experiences. Rick and Angela just had baby boys almost 2 weeks ago, and I even thought I could drive out to see them one day! I am so glad I got my license.

Reactions: Jim
OK...this question HAS to be asked. Did you name your car the Batmobile?????

I have visions of you driving down the road with the music from Batman playing in the background. Yeah...I'm weird. Like that's news. LOL

Congrats and a really big 'You go, girl!' for ya, Evie. You have fought and won over so many fears to get to this moment. I'm totally stoked for you, too.

Lisa

OK...this question HAS to be asked. Did you name your car the Batmobile?????

OMG lol no... but that is a really good idea!! Though my car is blue not black. Maybe I should name it Robin! I love the idea of naming cars. When I was a little girl we had an old bright yellow station wagon named "Big Bird" because it was a huge yellow boat car! ;)

Thanks all for the congratulations. I am really enjoying driving so much!

Very well done Evie! I hope you and Robin get along famously! Isn't it great to just be able to go for a drive? ;) I got my license when I was in my late 20's. It was a great feeling! My Betsy and I will be thinking of you! ;)

bec

Betsy and Robin, sounds like a couple to me. Reckon they should go on a date sometime. ;-)

Well done Evie. Never doubted you for a second. You take after my side of the family when it comes to driving! ;-)

Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back