• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer graduating soon, would like to have a safe space to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, you can call me Uranium, and I use they/them pronouns please! I'm not gonna say how old I am but suffice it to say I am Young

I'm mostly just looking to have a place to talk a little bit about some of the Brain Nonsense that happens in a place where I know it won't feel weird. I was in this relationship in my teen years that was not particularly good. It never got physically abusive, but he basically used me as a therapist. When he realized he had power over me, he used it. He would threaten to kill himself every time I did something he didn't like, and sometimes it would get really extreme... I was maybe 15 and I was staying up until 4 AM to make sure this guy got to bed safely. I genuinely don't remember how many times it happened lmao, I just remember some of the ickier details. For all I know, it could have happened twice or it could have happened six times. combine this with the general cocktail of undiagnosed mental illness that runs in my family, my parents' own awful childhoods and their refusal to go to therapy, and a high school that outright encouraged sexual harassment, and I am having what we in the business call a Time

I graduate with my BA in 3 months (technically 2 months and 30 days but eh). I have exactly two people who I would consider friends, and I'm going to be moving away from both of them. I would really like to be able to talk a little bit about my symptoms and maybe even get some help...? It would be really nice to have a place to talk when things get really bad in my brain that isn't as scary.

hello uranium. congratulations on both your BA and the foresight to find a safe place to talk about your symptoms within the upcoming transition from college to work-a-day life. that is a big transition and the emotional support can be priceless.

welcome aboard. i hope you find what you are looking for here.

Hola!

Do you have PTSD, or think you might have PTSD?

🧢 Putting on my staff-hat for a moment…

This community is not intended to be a “safe space”. First off, it’s the Internet, with all that entails; but secondly this is a place where we can discuss all aspects PTSD, trauma, and its consequences. To read more about what that means? Check out our Community Constitution

If you wish to be called something other than your username @eridanusupervoid, I’d suggest you change your username.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back