• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Grama Herc Has a New Warm and Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grama-Herc

MyPTSD Pro
When I spoke with my daughter she mention that she had lost her most prized possession--a doll she has had since she was 2. Now realize that this doll was purchased in 1972!

So on line I go, looking to see if I can find this doll using my FUZZY memory for reference. That got a laugh!!! It took me an entire Bucs football game to find this thing But I FOUND IT! ! ! ! Of course, on ebay. So put in my bid and now I wait. I don't think that many people are gonna be bidding on this little old cloth baby doll---at least I hope not. Wish me luck But DAMN can't believe I found the doll GRAMA HERC

Good Luck Herc! I must be a big wimp, 'cause I can't stand the stress of those auctions. I have my hubs do all the stress work...but he thinks it's fun. He loves a good auction. (Our biggest purchase was our van :eek:) I'm pulling for you!

Well troups, seems the world is into COLLECTING this little 30 year old cloth doll and the prices are going insane!! Who woulda thought the world would want this silly little doll at the SAME TIME I DID. So far I've lost 3 in the ebay auction. I've started going to a few antique malls around my area looking for a doll. My agoraphobia IS getting in my way. Here I am walking through an antique mall sweating like I am getting ready to faint. I'm sure my color-ashen and pastey-is a sight to behold too!

But I will find a doll to replace the one my daughter lost I WILL!!!!! Thanx to youj guys who are pulling for me and wishing me luck KEEP IT UP Grama Herc

I am entirely mystefied by the amount of cash peole are putting up for these silly little cloth dolls I'm trying to get for my daughter. The last 1 went for $61. I can't pay that kind of money. I figured I could get on for about $25-30 tops. Yhese collectors are driving up the price on something that is really not worth the money.

I had no idea the collectable doll industry was so invovled and costly. Guess it is time to take a deep breath and hit the local antique and collectable mall/stores/shops! Boy I really do not want to do this, but if I'm gonna get one for xmas----better get busy. Of course, I could get it as a birthday gift in February but I am also trying to get a pink one for the new baby too.

Oh well, stop worrying Grama Herc and relax. I will get one, I just know it I thanx you guys for your support and interest. You are the best

doll and toy collectors pay high prices for things, a good place to look is garage or yard sales, and junk shops they usually have something in along those lines,i hope you find what your looking for

I DID IT it! ! ! ! ! !

Those of you who are following the adventures of GRAMA HERC, I did it. I got a replacement Baby Beans Doll identical to the one my daughter lost.

I did it. I am so stoked! I can barely wait to receive the little doll. I'll let you guys know how this turns out

Now I've gone and done it. As someone who is extremely gadget challenged I should have known not to mess around in places I know nothing about. First I can't win a bid on ebay for the stupid little cloth doll I want and now it seems I have "2" of them. Apparently, during my ebay searches and wondering I bid on a second doll! Now I have 2 of them. In the beginning I could not get a single one-NOW I GOT 2! ! ! ! ! ! ! LOL

AH! the adventures of Grama Herc Just hope I don't have anymore "surprises" waiting for me. Don't think I bid on anymore, but then WHO KNOWS with me EGAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back