• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Greetings .....From the Edge of My Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this site about a week ago after (again) looking for some type of answer on the internet. My journey is one that has taken me to the depths of despair and back again as this seems to be the course of my affliction. Formally dx'ed in March of 2007 with ptsd and related symptoms of depression and anxiety. Presently counsel with therapist 2x monthly and have been prescribed meds, in May, Ativan and Zoloft. The events that made this illness bloom are multi fold as there was a physical trauma in 1995 that nearly cost me my life, a gunshot wound, self inflicted due to a hunting accident. Having survived that or denied that, I was split by a borderline spouse in 2001, and this is the event that brought my ptsd to its full manifestation. The road has been very turbulent at times and very isolated to say the least. This is not to say that these past five + years have been void of any positive self improvement and self growth. I am surely saying, this time has been a life changing time with me becoming much less selfish and more altruistic in my being, which is *prolly part and parcel of this disorder, but in my humble opinion, its a good thing. As I have poked around on this site, things have been said in posts and I now know *wifout any doubt I have this disorder. There is a muriad of other things I would like to share at some point, but I guess it will all come out in its due time. Thanks to all who read this post and I look forward to speaking with you. I *dew feel a bit better having this intro done as I've been avoiding it for *daze, thus I was the only one breathing life into this monster that has been chasing me. Bout par ...eh? TBK

:hello: Hi there. Its good to have this thread as a starting place for speaking out about your experiences with PTSD. It can be nerve wracking to say the least. Its great that you are being proactive about it and I've not been here long either but I have found many articles on the board very interesting and insightful.

Welcome to the board from another newbie.

:cool: skyward

Welcome, Truth Be Known to the forum!

Glad to hear that poking around and reading from the forum has already helped you some.

I really enjoyed reading your intro. Well written. I know it matters little how well written, but what I mean is you said alot in few words. Really glad you found this forum and hope to be seeing you around it.

Again, Welcome TBK

Greetings

Hi Folks: Thank you for the welcome! At the present time my sponge (cerebral) is saturated and its a very busy time of year for me. Through the course of my disorder, I have learned that its best to stay a step removed at times. This is in order to limit my exposure to stressors and give myself a chance to digest the events in my being. I look forward to speaking and sharing with all of you guys when time and energies allow. The more a person learns of this illness, the better prepared we are to cope and abate some of the anxiety life sends our way. Thank you again for your support and kind words. Keep on Rockin in the Free World :music: TBK

Hi TBK, welcome to the forum and glad that you joined. Your on the right track, and you have the right mindset, being to learn learn learn... the more you educate yourself about our rights and wrongs, the better you can heal yourself and manage PTSD as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back