• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death Grief - Son Died Of Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamsensative

Confident
I have been away a little over a year. My son was diagnosed with a rare cancer and we only had 14 months together. I am lost in grief. Back on heavy drugs to stop the crying. He fought so hard, he didnt want to die. He loved his life, He had joy, he married the love of his life. They were together for 13yrs, only married 4, in the house less than a year. He just turned 34.

Also sorry for your loss! "Grief" seems like the only reasonable reaction to such a huge loss. I'm glad you had the 14 months and that he had met the love of his life, and that they had the time they had together. It still doesn't seem fair, does it?

The death of your child is so hard, but I'm glad you reached out. There are meetings, books and a lot of support for people losing children. I'm glad u came to the boards. This is in all families including my own. So,so sorry and I know it hurts. Big, big hugs to u.

So sorry....I cannot imagine the pain of watching your child struggle and pass on. Please take sweet care of yourself...no time line for grief.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I lost my little boy from his father driving drunk. It has been 8 years and my body and soul ache for his breath and touch. This was the worst trauma I suffer from by far. Losing your child is not the way life is supposed to happen. Again I'm so sorry.

So so sorry for your loss. It can be one of the most difficult things in the world to lose a child, no matter the age. There is no timeline for grief, and really 14 months is not that long. And grief wounds leave scars (memories). We carry those scars daily, but need to try to learn to keep going. Have you tried grief counseling to help process your grief? If not please consider it along with medication. Together they can create a strong supportive therapy. Prayers for peace, wisdom and strength to keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back