• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Grinding my Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWeepingRose

Confident
Due to me getting abused by my ex boyfriend, I've been grinding my teeth a lot. I don't even realize that I'm doing it. My niece has been staying over here ever since she was younger and has woken me up and told me that I've been grinding my teeth a lot. Told my Mom that I need a sleep guard. Does anyone else do this due to PTSD? I've just now realized I've been doing this a lot and I hope I get better with sleeping. All I want is to have a better sleep.

Sure. I’ve cracked a few teeth that way.

I don’t know what area you’re in... in my area a medical mouthguard that’s made for you is about $250-$500 depending on how much the insurance is willing to cover... But a sports mouth guard that you boil/bite to fit to you is only $20. Those DONT work for all mouth shapes, but they work for most.

I have done this due to PTSD. I also had tardive dyskinesia from meds for a while and that made it a lot worse. I used to use a cheap mouth guard even during the day - it helped. Obviously, general relaxation helps, too - meditation and such.

Due to me getting abused by my ex boyfriend, I've been grinding my teeth a lot. I don't even realize that I'm doing it. My niece has been staying over here ever since she was younger and has woken me up and told me that I've been grinding my teeth a lot. Told my Mom that I need a sleep guard. Does anyone else do this due to PTSD? I've just now realized I've been doing this a lot and I hope I get better with sleeping. All I want is to have a better sleep.

Yep -All my teeth are ground down. It looks like I have baby teeth. When my anxiety is cranked up during the day I will find myself clenching my teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back