• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Grooming gang trials and british news blackouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy

MyPTSD Pro
Something very strange is going on in Britain

Understanding of what is going on, is not being helped by news blackouts within Britain.

This is what I do know

There's an ongoing trial of 29 people from Huddersfield. On various charges of rape, trafficking, sexual assault etc of underage girls.

The trials are taking place in Leeds, and are split into three batches.

Controversial activist "Tommy Robinson" who was the main face of the "English Defence League" a few years ago, and later got into exploring a dialogue with Muslims. he has been active more recently in covering trials of grooming gangs...

Robinson (real name Lennon), was arrested on Friday for live streaming video outside the court.

He was already on a suspended prison sentence, and within about 6 hours, he had been brought before a judge and was off to prison.

Several lamestream news media stories covering the incident have been taken down.

Social media is apparently active, and according to comments in the alternative media, there are crowds of hundreds protesting Robinson's imprisonment, outside the official residence of the British prime minister (10 downing street).

It is difficult / impossible at the moment to understand what is being covered up.

There have been numerous criminal trials in Britain of grooming gangs: Rotherham (which was covered up and allowed to continue for years, by politically correct policing), Canterbury, Newcastle and Carlisle, to name only a few...

The names of the accused in the present trial, and what they are accused of, have all been published.

So those parts are not secret.

There have also been hushed up grooming and trafficking gangs in the British police Help raise £5000 to Raise awareness to protect whistleblowers in the police and promote justice for abuse victims and in the British Parliament, extending up to the former home seceretary (justice minister) the late Leon Britten, with suspicion that former prime minister Ted Heath, may also have been involved in child sex abuse.
Those never became fully public, and mention on of them is usually disparaged as conspiracy theorising.

I'm not a fan of Robinson (I suspected that the EDL was a manufactured astro-turf organisation rather than grass roots). But he's hardly a criminal mastermind.

What the hell is going on to result in the OrwellIan media blackout?

What is being buried? And why?

A judge can issue an order

Anyone breaching that (and who the special people who describe themselves as the British state, decide to get their grubby paws on) is risking big fines or prison time for "contempt of court"

To a certain extent, it doesn't matter whether the original order was good bad or absurd. The mistreatment the person will get is for not obeying a court.

There's also somethinges called a "super injunction" where it's not only forbidden to say something
It's also forbidden to say that there's an injunction forbidding saying that thing.

Little bits more are appearing.

If they are true, it looks like the prohibition is against spreading news that Robinson / Lennon, has been caged, and why. In that case, I've just painted a big target on my own back.

I hope that the piece I'm going to link below is incorrect. And I'll caution that the comments at that aggregator site are troll central.

Unfortunately I can actually believe the gist of the piece.

A farming family i know had a run in with a large criminal family.

Two of the criminal family were initially arrested for attempted murder of the farmer

The cops subsequently told the farming family to drop all charges and to let the criminal family have free access around their farm. The police arrived and took the farmers guns away, and the farmer had to go for psychiatric evaluations...

The cops were going to do absolutely anything they could to the farmer (who has a fixed address and assets that they can take from him), rather than even look at any of the criminal family

Pussies?

Yeah, in both senses of the word.

Here's the link. If it is correct, it's absolutely disgusting
Swift Injustice: The "Terrifying" Case Of Tommy Robinson

Reporting on current criminal trials has always been subject to restriction to avoid the potential for tainting the jury. It’s s criminal offence to breach the reporting restrictions - if I remember rightly it falls under contempt of court. Assuming Robinson reported something he shouldn’t have, his suspended sentence would be revoked immediately upon commission of any further offence. The suspension means the sentence remains in place for the original conviction so he’s basically serving that sentence.

Having been involved in trying to prosecute gangs allegedly involved in sexual exploitation, it’s incredibly difficult. Reporting can and does bias jury members and can undermine witnesses who then refuse to testify. It’s hard to understand the fear and pressure these young people are under, the level of abuse and the deeply personal nature of what comes up at trial. If he was breaching reporting rules, I have no sympathy for him - it literally can be to difference between conviction or not.

As far as press black out of his situation goes, I have no idea.

So, apparently the previous conviction was for contempt of court, for which he got an 18 month suspended sentence. The current charge is breach of the peace for filming defendants in the case on the way into court, calling them racist names and assuming their guilt before a jury has convicted them. In the filming process he also apparently caught one of the jurors on film. This was after the judge gave clear instructions on reporting the case in efforts to avoid a mistrial.

So, he’s been arrested for effectively breaching the terms of his suspended sentence. He will have know what those terms are and chose to breach them and now has to serve the original sentence. He doesn’t need a trial for the new offence to have been completed - the mechanism of a suspended sentence is such that if you reoffend you can be arrested, put before court and the original sentence put in place much like breaching bail conditions.

Btw I don’t know where the idea of a media blackout is coming from, given his arrest is reported by the BBC, The Guardian, The Independent and The Sun. And Fox News. I have no sympathy for the man and hope his actions haven’t compromised the ongoing court case.

I have no liking for the individual either

As far as press black out of his situation goes, I have no idea.

It wasn't clear at the time what we being blacked out.

Alternative and overseas media reports mentioned articles being taken down from lamestream news websites, but weren't specific regarding what it was in those articles that was being removed from view.

Whether it was coverage of the grooming gangs case or of Robinson/Lennon, or why.

This Fox article from a day or so later isn't exactly clear either
Right-wing activist Tommy Robinson reportedly jailed after filming outside child grooming trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back