• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Grounding Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracing objects with your eyes.I likr to do this 18th plants. The colors are also soothing.
Breathing. Stretching.
I never hear this one here, but make faces at yourself in the mirror!. I always end up laughing with this one.

I started trail running a few months ago. Being out in nature, hearing the sound of my feet on the gravel, focussing on my breathing seems to really help me.

Also recently when I wake up from nightmares I've been lying in bed for a while playing guitar. Not sure if its having to focus on what I'm playing, or the feeling of the strings under my fingers, but it grounds me enough to sometimes be able to sleep again.

so far just showers and cold packs are helping. My eyes begin to scan and I get very cold. Standing and moving limbs doesn't work. Too zoned out to self soothe what can I do keep my mind present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back