• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Guided meditation - gonna give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

MyPTSD Pro
I've read that meditation is good for relaxing and keeping the stress down. One small part of my yoga class involves meditation-and I really enjoy it.

But when I try to meditate on my own, it's like the fates conspire against me or something. First off-some days I have the attention span of a fruit fly and what starts off as meditation ends up with me wondering what bills need to be paid or starting a grocery list in my head. :doh: Or the phone rings or the girls knock on the bedroom door and need my help and 'woop' there goes any concentration I had going. It's frustrating as hell, let me tell you.

Yesterday my yoga instructor told me about a weekly meditation class that's on Tuesday nights and not too far from my house. He told me he's gone and it's guided meditation (instructor talks and you sit/lay down and listen) and he enjoys it. Maybe this is what I've been looking for.

I'm going to call the center tomorrow to confirm everything and go there Tuesday for a look see.

Wish me luck!

Hi Marlene, again, are you following me or something, LOL.
My wife's friend believes in Karma, and Buddist therapy, she has 4 laughing buddahs in her room so that the spirit of happiness spreads throughout the room.
Scott:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back