• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Had a flashback monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

stronglady

Confident
I had a flashback Monday night.I was brutally sexually assaulted and raped me when I was 16 years old.This was in 1995 and 3 seniors decided to find a girl under class for no reason to do this.They chose me handcuffing and tied my legs so I could not fight back after abducting me.This hit my dad very hard after getting the call I was in the hospital with 5 broken ribs,a concussion including a broken right hand which did require surgery.I did have PTSD from this as well and this came back.Called my therapist whom I see and got me in yesterday.Said it was a flashback which I could not sleep well having the nightmares from it.Starting to work on this now and did get the records from this today.The therapist I saw in 1995 on this retired in 1998 and is now deceased.

It was hard and my mom saw something was not right after I got home from the hospital.Did get justice for this,each of them were found guilty of kidnapping,rape and sexual assault receiving 20 years.They are paying the price too,have to register as a sex offender now each month.

I could not sleep well having the nightmares from it
Prosazin also known as minipress has a side affect, it stops PTSD related waking nightmares. Some time back I was having them so bad my adreniline was sky high and it stayed there, like the fight or flight response get stuck in place. The prozasin blocks them, and I have not had
any since. I was able to function again.

@stronglady I can understand how after all this time things coming back, it was like that for me, often its a trigger that starts it. In my case the last day of PHP (It was after inpatient stay for BI-Polar) some new client/patient started talking about how she has overcome her G--- R--- (please excuse) I find it hard to actually use the words. I doubt she had overcome it or she would not have been talking about it. In any case I bolted out of the room with staff chasing after me. By the next time I saw my new therapist (my second visit) I was in full crisis and having flashbacks back to back so much I could not function at all. It's still a problem for me, but between prazosin and my stay at Sheppard Pratt's Trauma Disorders Unit I am now able to function, and manage my symptoms.

You will get past those nightmares, I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back