• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Had a Panic Attack This Morning But Still Lived the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms spock

MyPTSD Pro
Dear Forumers,

I had a panic attack this morning. The side effects of the drug I am on is that I have a dry mouth most of the time but drooling ensues when I have a panic attack. Yes I drooled.

I did CBT on myself. I had a shower, got dressed and went out and visited my partner's mother. I did a spot of shopping. I got the stuff junior spock needed for her homework. I came home cleaned the house. Dropped off stuff to junior spock. Did daily type things. I had a nap and then got up and did stuff for about three hours before I went over to have dinner. So that was good.

It wasn't easy but I did live the day. It was actually quite hard. But I am doing so much better on the Nulactil and Luvox combined.

I am a bit proud of myself.

Very restless tonight, but we have wild storms here tonight.

ms spock

I So Know Where You Are Coming From!

Oh thanks for your reply.

I feel for you!

That is why I reported that I did stuff during the day.

I so know where you are coming from.

It is a miracle that I did anything after that panic attack nevertheless all those things!

Meds are helping.

ms spock

[DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/member.php?u=8162"]macpayne[/DLMURL] I still had the suicidal ideation and etc but for some reason I could keep going. Which after 39 years is a nice change.

Hope you are doing the best you can today.

ms spock

Ms Spock, nice job on keeping your day productive, nicely done. I find sometimes that I can still be productive even when in the dumps, and I may not feel it at the time, I know it does me good in the overall.

right on, nice to hear,
Dave

Macpayne, I know how that feels. I've hit a rough patch myself more than once. Sometimes it's all I could do but to sleep and hope it got better in a few days. And, it usually does, I just have to keep up with the bare minimums and then the mood shifts/breaks. Wishing you all the best.

Good for you! Any successes should be celebrated! And it is a big success when you can have a bad day, and be grateful to have gotten through it!

Hang in there!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Ms Spock.

Interesting to me that you drool when in a panic/anxiety attack. I sweat, and not just a little. Sweat POURS off of me. I also find myself completely, physically exhausted after the attack has passed. It is like I just ran a 10k or something.:dontknow:

The one thing I remember about being diagnosed was discovering that the "feelings" I was having were the attacks and that I was not going to die. Over the years I have learned to ride out the panic/anxiety, thank goodness

I sweat, and not just a little. Sweat POURS off of me. I also find myself completely, physically exhausted after the attack has passed. It is like I just ran a 10k or something.:dontknow:

So do I! It starts as little sweat beads on my upper lip and chin, and then it's everywhere! Under my arms, trickling down the center of my back and chest, off my forehead into my eyes, and even on the outsides of my hands and arms. Only I've been telling everyone, especially where I volunteer, that it's menopause. Thank God I fit the criteria because there's just no other explanation for that kind of sweating. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :occasion: Everything I own is black because I'm so embarrassed about it and I just can't seem to stop my body from breaking out in this awful sweat. I'm so glad someone else is like me, I'm not glad that you have to endure it Grama-Herc, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I'm glad it's not just me. Do you have any words of advice? Other than wearing dark colours?

Melody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back