1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Had ime for disability renewal, feeling down

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by loui50, Apr 28, 2018.

1. loui50

loui50 Active Member

So I had my IME for my disability renewal yesterday and I'm feeling really shook up. Talking about everything to someone I don't even know was hard. I forgot when I got my masters degree, how old my kids were, and I'm sure some other things. At the end of the interview the lady was like, it's obvious you have some issues going on, but I don't determine disability, I just write a report. I'm feeling exposed and anxious. Anyone else been through this? I didn't have and IME on my initial application. I got approved first shot, but I had an attorney. I don't this time.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Florian7051

Florian7051 Well-Known Member

I just went through this myself. The doc actually said "this isn't a test..." I was like hell yeah it is. That's exactly what it is. It's a medical "EXAM" In the end my disability was ongoing in other words renewed. I'm not telling you this to get your hopes up; just that worrying isn't going to change the outcome of your decision. I hope everything is favorable in your decision.

Esterio likes this.
Show Sidebar