Hanging on by a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobeara

New Here
Hello,
I am hanging onto life by a thread. My PTSD and DID symptoms are really bad right now and I am fighting off the urge to end everything. I have been inpatient twice within the past month and I am waiting on a bed at a specialized inpatient facility. I am trying so hard to hold on in hopes that trauma specific treatment will be helpful but the waiting process is driving me crazy. Any words of encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
I'm sorry things are so painful right now. Can you call the crisis line? 1-800-273-8255. Glad you reached out to us!

Friday

One of the most useful things I ever learned was that I don’t have to do everything I want to do.

You’d think that would be automatic, since there are tons of things I want to do and can’t do... but come to find? There weren’t that many things in life that I wanted to do but just didn’t do. If I want something? My usual thing is to start putting energy into making it happen. So it took learning & practicing ignoring myself. Nope. I may want to, but I’m not going to. Finding all the other pieces in life where I want something but don’t follow through also helped. Like I want to stay home from work. And going to work, anyway. Not because I wanted to go to work, or stopped wanting to stay home, but because I decided I was going to.

Just because I want something? Doesn’t mean I have to make it happen. I can choose differently. Even when I don’t want to.

Last edited:

Ronin

MyPTSD Pro
Hi,

You are totally on the right track with reaching out, getting in person specialized care, and looking forward to therapy and treatment as easing out at least some suffering... dont lose sight of these. You are doing so much to get to a better place, which means you will get there.

The only thing you need is to give yourself the time.

Waiting sucks. For the best of things. Much less for needed, hard things. Or things that inspire fears they will be bad. That youre able to get through it in any way, is a strength.

& Go smaller, yes? You need to get through the next two minutes. Then again. Then some more again. Until you have the bunch of treatment peeps helping you out, too. Then the next two mins with them.

So... What is your favorite way of spending two mins worth of time? :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.