• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

419can.dance

Confident
June 25th. Five years ago I gave birth to a beautiful blue eyed sleeping baby girl. Too precious to keep in Earth.

I am struggling today. I want to leave this place and see what’s next. Is my baby girl waiting for me? Why can’t I be happy in the next life and not have it considered suicide from mental illness. Do you ever just have a day where you wander. What’s next? I have lived life. Don’t care to live any longer. What’s the chance I get to hold me baby girl when this life is over? I look forward to that day.

I'm so sorry. And I understand. I had a stillborn baby daughter also. I understand your hurt and your questions. Life has no guarantees, and neither does death. I really hope you have now, or are getting help with the kind of grief this is... it's different, and I know for me, there was a lot of self blame.

Sending lots of healing prayers your way. Thank you for sharing your pain today. I and others here will help you carry the heartache. Gentle hugs if you accept.

My daughter would be 19 this year.
Do you ever just have a day where you wander. What’s next? I have lived life. Don’t care to live any longer.
Those used to be the days I tried to off myself, in my own way of trying to get myself killed doing something useful, exceptionally dangerous, but useful. Once I learned that not being able to imagine a life worth living, only meant that I was about to be very surprised at what came next (reasons to live, and love life, that I never could have imagined)... I stopped trying to die. No matter how much I wanted to.

Then they became the fatalistic days, where I simply stopped what I was doing and boarded the next train/plane/boat to anywhere. Walking away from my life with the clothes I had on my back, and nothing else. I was done here. So, clearly, I needed to be elsewhere. I can’t even begin to count the number of apartments/flats/homes, jobs, friends, lovers, belongings, everything... that I left in my wake. Because it had become a rule. Before I was allowed to kill myself? First I had to change everything. If I wasn’t willing to? Too bad! Because I’d lose all of those things if I died. So if I wasn’t willing to nuke my life, I wasn’t allowed to stop living it.

Eventually, that shifted, again. I learned that no matter how strongly I felt about it in the moment, more often than not, I had a time limit of about 6 months max that I’d feel this way. Far more commonly? A few days, or a few weeks. At the end of which I’d want the life I walked away from back. 6 weeks? Isn’t forever. 6 weeks is a vacation. So I started taking those. More, I started planning those, over days and weeks I knew would be hard... as well as just as I felt like it. Meaning I set my life up to be able to handle my pulling a Houdini on it.

So, yeah. I’ve had days like that.

And, maybe more importantly, days after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back