• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has anybody heard of treatment using the comprehensive resource model

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaaw677

Learning
I'm just wondering if anybody out there has had experience of being treated using this Model. Apparently it was developed by a psychologist in PA USA. What does it entail and has anybody gained benefit from it?

Would really appreciate hearing some patient experiences of this Model in practice.

Nope. Found a youtube video and it seems good in theory. No idea what it is though.
What is CRM? How does it work for clients? with Lisa Schwarz, M.Ed

I get what she is doing and it is positive psychology based, which is good. She doesn't actually go into the story and works on reworking the 'self' by drawing out self and releasing the negative through primal sounds and so on. I would love to learn this, myself, but it is expensive.

Her book reviews though are phenomenal. Good on her and her team!
Dead Link Removed

Last edited:
Nope. Found a youtube video and it seems good in theory. No idea what it is though.

Thanks for the link. As far as I know it is Lisa Schwartz who is credited with designing the model, but this is all I know at the moment.

I'm wondering if this Treatment Model can help those of us who became victims of trauma and abuse before we developed a self?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the idea that she puts across, yes. And it seems like she has built her model against what she believes are other helpful models. So things like EMDR, Brainspotting, Ego State Work, Shamanic, CBT, Breathing Exercises, Somatic Therapy.

The key is that she is saying that there is no re-traumatization. Which is good if it is true. I don't see any reviews from clients though. That makes me scratch my head and go hmmmmmm.....

Maybe you could contact them if you are looking for testimonials? If I lived in PA I would check it out, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back