• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has Anyone Ever Been Falsely Accused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slhlilbit

Confident
i have a problem i was accused of having a poitve ua for pot. i know it was falce. i have not smoked any in over a year. i did not somke much when i did. but i did it becouse i coudlnt eat. now i force myself to eat at least once a day. i have been going to a private dr where i never tested positve. i have had blood and urin tests that were negative. so why is the va saying i tested positive in my urine for pot wouldnt it me in my blood too. is there a falce positve with the urine tests. should i call my atty? i just dont know what to do. this is really pissing me off.i dont know why they do this to me. i have not been complaining to them. i have done everything they ask. i feel like a fool.

Even labs goof, maybe the urine got mixed somehow. Did you see them put the tamper seal on and initial it. Watch it get bagged after that and get placed into a locked fridge? If any on those did not happen the Chain of Custody was breached and any report against you is not worth the paper its written on.

I headr that those tests pretty many times give falce positive results. Cannabinol is out of your sustems (not detectable by pee-test) in about 2 months, I believe.
Can you go rof the second test? Ask for repeating it, if you can.

no they had me put it in a differnt place than usual. and it was not sealed nor was it locked in anything. i did ask for another one and assume it was negative as they did give me my med.'s. it just upset me becouse they said i tested positive and i have been so good i have had the opertunity to but declined as i dont need any more problems with the va than i already have.thank you for your help.

I still think you should get re-tested. If you were positive for pot, it would stay in your system a long time, so if you get tested again right away and it comes back negative it will prove that the first test was bogus and the VA won't have anything to say to you.

Lab tests get screwed up all the time. The techniques used aren't perfect. Once my uncle was tested for STDs as a routine part of military service, and he tested positive for gonnorhea I believe. Well, the doctor brought both him and my aunt into the office, thinking my uncle was cheating on my aunt basically. They insisted on repeating the test, and on the second test my uncle's results were negative.

Yeah I know its not nice being accused of something you haven't done. As others have said, labs get it wrong, it's probably easy to switch results without realising.

Feeling for you.

As for the question, yes, I've been accused, knew I didn't do it, then had so much false evidence piled in front of me that I doubted my memory, could I have done it and buried the memory? My senior year in high school, one day I got yanked out of study hall by the principal, accused of writing some nasty letter to a sophemore girl, a freshman guy was caught with the note and said I gave it to him(a couple years later, he admitted writing the note). The principal brought the girl in and pointed to me and said that I was the writer. Very embarassing. Then I got expelled from school, but those were the days of physical punishment, so I got two whacks with his board that he used two hands to swing. The police picked me up, got a handwriting analysis done, and a week later told me that it had named me as the writer. I got a choice between prosecution and joining the military. I chose the military, but I believed so much in police being honest, I started wondering if I did write the note and couldn't remember, and it made me feel very loose mentally. Then I went to Vietnam, HA! HA! HA!
WarHippy

warhippy,

fist i want to say thank you for serving our country. i am so sorry that you were humilated like that. But i am also thankfull that there are people out there who are willing to stand up and on the truth.
I have found it very hard to trust what anyone says to me becouse of the way people in my life have been so willing to repeat a lie instead of searching for the truth.

slhlilbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back