• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has Anyone Ever Done Biofeedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch

MyPTSD Pro
My friend that had depression for 10 years credits biofeedback with her recovery and she thinks it might work for my PTSD as well (she is a psychologist). Just wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

I am guessing not many here have! I have thought about trying it and have heard good things about it.

I have, but it's been a long time. I don't have the monitor it needs which is why I don't do it any more.

I am thinking about trying it, maybe not this year but I have heard really good things about it.

It's good from the aspect of helping you find ways to control your stress levels. The one I used itse;f used tones. Higher pitched meant the more stress you had. You could mentally adjust it lowering the tone thus lowering stress levels.

Worked great for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back