• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has anyone grown dwarf fruit: favorite gardening plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ginger 😍🥰

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_0654594~2.jpg
    IMG_20220404_0654594~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
I have a tiny patio (size of a large walk-in closet or small office) but it has a tree that was already there—a very polite glossy privet. It is polite because it doesn’t demand water and it grows straight up.

Most of my plants are in pots. I rearranged them in a way that is satisfying to me. I have a connection with the four directions—kind of like feng shui but my own system—and each direction has a color scheme. I rearranged my plants to better fit the colors but still in the right micro-climate, and I’m very happy with the results. 🤓

If you are curious, here is my system—it is loosely based on Chinese, Navajo, and Celtic systems. North is winter/ancestors/black&purple. East is spring/fertility/bluish green. South is summer/travel/red&orange. West is autumn/discourse/yellow&white. Each direction has a personal goddess, an animal totem, a tree totem, and other associations.

My herb collection currently: oregano, rosemary, thyme, parsley, cilantro, rue, basil, catnip. Very happy with it! My flowers currently: Marigolds, canna lily. My houseplants: wandering dude, spider plant, pothos. My landscape plants: lady slipper euphorbia, cactus with pink flowers, jade plant, datura. My fruit plants: strawberry, dwarf fig.

I like being able to know and count all my plants. My ex is a horticulturist and our house was huge with lots of land. He likes having more than he can count. I like the smallness.

My dwarf apple tree that my dog ate came back!! Yay!! It has buds all over the stick!
Having an iguana 🦎 was the BEST rose-assistant… ever.

My roses were stunning… after the first time they ate them down to twigs 🤣 when they grew back? I kept thinking they couldn’t get more lush. But the more he nibbled a bud here, and nibbled a leaf there (and a few -perfect- times a year pulverised them?) SHAZAM! POW! …OMFG. Iguana timing? And discretion (how much to eat, and where) Is kinda magic.

I’m not sure I’ll ever grow roses, again… without an iguana.

ETA

And that’s exceedingly unlikely. (Getting another iguana) I stole that one, from the f*cktard assholes who “owned” him, after I flattened a couple noses and broke one wrist… when I saw them using a blowtorch to “draw” extra stripes. Nope. Mine, now.

My only other experience with lizards is when I buy a bunch of geckos or (I forget the name, the desert version of geckos)… to let loose in my house, when I live anywhere warm. (Go forth!!! Eat well!!)

Having an iguana was a trip. FAST f*ckers, iguanas. And this one wasn’t small. 6 feet long including tail.

Last edited:
Having an iguana 🦎 was the BEST rose-assistant… ever.

My roses were stunning… after the first time the at them down to twigs 🤣 when they grew back? I kept thinking they couldn’t get more lush. But the more he nibbled a bud here, and nibbled a leaf there (and a few -perfect- times a year pulverised them?) SHAZAM! POW! …OMFG. Iguana timing? And discretion (how much to eat, and where) Is kinda magic.

I’m not sure I’ll ever grow roses, again… without an iguana.
Thats cool!

Ok, I planted out broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower and onions and guess what? A freak winter storm with 10 inches of snow!!??!! WTF! So more snow today but the temps are right around freezing so they might be ok under their snowy blanket. Off to take care of the chickens.

Yesterday planted some zinnia seeds and some yard-long bean seeds. Also moved the strawberry and thyme pot up onto a table so the puppy can’t eat the strawberries. And trimmed the thyme which was a very satisfying activity. I love separating and untangling the strands and seeing the new haircut afterward.

Yesterday planted some zinnia seeds and some yard-long bean seeds. Also moved the strawberry and thyme pot up onto a table so the puppy can’t eat the strawberries. And trimmed the thyme which was a very satisfying activity. I love separating and untangling the strands and seeing the new haircut afterward.
This reminds me. I had a bush I will be on the hunt for it and find the name. But like thyme it was so fun to dangle and trim and it grew quick. It's long a big round bush at maturity with the prettiest pink flower on the end almost reminds me of baby's breath. Anyways glad you found the enjoyable satisfaction! 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back