• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has anyone re-applied for disability and gotten it after a period of full-time work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't work full time because of my disability.

But if I were to be able to work full time someday and get off of disability, I would fear that it would be hard to get back on disability if I became disabled once again.

I've heard that getting on disability in Maine, United States is harder to do nowadays than it was when I got on it back in year 2000.

I filed my first SSD claim 2 years ago. It was denied pretty quickly and for the next 22 months my lawyer has been waiting for an appeal. We do that next month (finally) and she says we will probably have to appeal it a second time. Current wait for SSD to go thru for a first time claim is 3-5 years, so I'm guessing a second one would be about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back