• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Have you read “The Courage To Heal” ??? I’m worried I’d read it and go back to the thoughts of what happened to me was ‘not that bad’.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51804
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 51804

Hi everyone,

My therapist recently offered to lend me her copy of a book titled ‘the courage to heal’, i can’t remember who the author was but this book was huge!!! and I wasn’t sure about it so I didn’t take her up on the offer. My concern was about any of the case histories that might be included, I’m worried I’d read it and go back to the thoughts of what happened to me was ‘not that bad’ and that’s not a place I can heal from, so I was wondering if anyone who has read it could give me their view on it please? as my therapist was certain it was a good book.

There is a UK book called Breaking Free by Carolyn Ainscough. The authors are psychologists. I have read bits of it and found it a really good book that brings together diverse themes and draws on a lot of the same ideas as the body keeps the score but in a more broken down way. I haven't read it all but I also worry about things not being that bad and invalidating myself and the book didn't make any of that worse for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back