Having a difficult time trusting anyone right now

Warrior767

New Here
I have recently blocked or unfriended several people in my current city. Most of my friends live in another state which makes friendship very difficult. I moved back to my home state after almost 20 years. There was a reason I moved away and never wanted to return. I've been undergoing intensive EMDR therapy for several weeks and I'm more easily triggered now. Most of the people I have deleted from my life have been aggressive, crossed a strict boundary or taken advantage of my kindness. I think I'm done with making new friends. It's hard to trust anyone anymore. Especially men. I avoid people like the plague now but I know that is also not healthy.

Charbella

MyPTSD Pro
Is it possible your in such a triggered state that you might need to take a break from EMDR? I just know how intense that is and if your not wanting to reach out then you’re losing a tool that might possibly help.

I hope things get better for you.

Warrior767

New Here
Is it possible your in such a triggered state that you might need to take a break from EMDR? I just know how intense that is and if your not wanting to reach out then you’re losing a tool that might possibly help.

I hope things get better for you.
Thank you for your reply. I just restarted EMDR in July. I had taken a break for several months. I've had the therapy every Tuesday, except today. My therapist is on vacation this week. However, I met with a diagnostic clinical psychologist for testing intake. I was referred by my doctor so that we can better understand my condition. I did ask my therapist about taking a break from EMDR but she didn't recommend it. My therapy is free of charge btw. This week was a break from EMDR but I still had to regurgitate every trauma throughout my life to someone new today. I have been unfriending people since May, but more so recently. I think I'm just finally enforcing my boundaries more. Every single person that I have unfriended crossed a boundary. Enough is enough!