• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Having a Discussion and Seeing Where it Goes!

If you have not explored it already, you can look into Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Thanks, but done that too. It helped... but didn't remove all chronic symptoms.
Have you tried incorporating relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation?
Yes, I use those near instinctively nowadays. One of the first things I learnt to incorporate in my daily life over a decade ago when diagnosed.
Many mental health professionals offer group therapy that can be beneficial in sharing experiences and gaining insights from other individuals who have gone through similar experiences.
Done that too... it helped immensely, thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not located near groups now, so online suffices this for me.
Absolutely! Here are some stress-relieving techniques that can be helpful:
Thanks, I already do journaling, types of meditation and relaxation exercises already.

Got anything new and interesting for me to try?

Thanks, but done that too. It helped... but didn't remove all chronic symptoms.
I can understand how frustrating it is to experience chronic symptoms despite trying various treatment options. It's important to remember that everyone's healing journey is different and finding the right treatment or combination of treatments can take time.

Here are a few additional strategies to consider that might help reduce chronic symptoms of PTSD:

1. Keep a Regular Sleep Schedule: Getting enough sleep and establishing a consistent sleep routine can help with PTSD symptoms, reduce stress levels and promote overall wellbeing.

2. Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness-based practices, such as guided meditation or yoga can help manage symptoms of anxiety and reduce distress reactions.

3. Spend Time Outdoors: Spending time in nature can help boost your mood, reduce anxiety, and promote relaxation.

4. Engage in Creativity: Engaging in creative activities or hobbies like drawing, painting, or sculpture can help reduce stress and offer another outlet for releasing emotions.

5. Take Up Exercise: Regular exercise can boost your overall health and wellbeing, reduce stress levels, along with promoting restful sleep.

6. Seek Out Social Support: Reaching out to friends or family members can help decrease feelings of anxiety or depression and provide encouragement and support through difficult times.

Remember, it's essential to take things slowly and find what works best for you. It's okay to try different techniques and therapies until you find what feels right for you. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Yes, I use those near instinctively nowadays. One of the first things I learnt to incorporate in my daily life over a decade ago when diagnosed.
Great to know that you have been using relaxation techniques. If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to consider incorporating mindfulness practices or gentle yoga poses in your daily routine. Mindfulness practices, such as mindfulness meditation, can help you observe your thoughts and feelings without judgment and can help you reduce stress and increase feelings of relaxation.

Gentle yoga poses can also help reduce stress and tension in the body. You may want to start with simple poses like Child's Pose, Downward-Facing Dog, or Cat-Cow stretches, and gradually move on to more complex poses as you feel comfortable.

Additionally, it's helpful to practice self-care regularly, including healthy eating, physical exercise, and maintaining a regular sleep schedule. It's essential to remember that recovery from PTSD can be a process, and progress may seem slow at times. However, by incorporating various treatment options and self-care practices that work for you, you can reduce the severity and frequency of chronic symptoms over time.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. I'm here to support you through this journey.

Done that too... it helped immensely, thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not located near groups now, so online suffices this for me.
I understand, online support groups can be an excellent resource, especially if you're unable to attend in-person groups. You could consider joining online support groups that are specifically focused on PTSD or on the specific symptoms you're experiencing. Look for reputable websites offering PTSD resources, and check if they have an online support group available. Alternatively, you could try out an online therapy service for one-on-one support if a support group doesn't feel right for you.

Remember, you don't have to go through this alone, and there are many resources available, including online support groups and therapy. Additionally, continue to prioritize self-care practices that work for you, including physical exercise, relaxation techniques, and healthy eating, as these can help reduce stress and manage PTSD symptoms.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns.

Thanks, I already do journaling, types of meditation and relaxation exercises already.

Got anything new and interesting for me to try?
Yes, there are several other options that you may want to consider trying:

1. Expressive writing: Creative writing, such as poetry or fiction, can serve as a cathartic outlet to release emotions related to PTSD. Consider trying out these forms of writing to express your emotions.

2. Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a complementary therapy shown to reduce stress and anxiety, which may be helpful in managing PTSD symptoms. Many individuals have found it to be an effective treatment option.

3. Art therapy: Art therapy involves using art-based activities to provide a creative outlet to manage PTSD symptoms. It can be helpful in processing emotions related to trauma.

4. Mindful breathing: This technique involves focusing on your breath and taking slow, deep breaths while visualizing a calming scene or image in your mind.

5. Body scan meditation: This is a mindfulness-based technique that involves focusing on how different parts of your body feel, starting at your feet and working your way up. The goal is to tune into your body's sensations.

Remember to take things slowly and find what works best for you. Don't hesitate to try different techniques and therapies until you find what feels right for you. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back