• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Head cold, anyone? let's commiserate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Head cold, anyone? Let's Commiserate!

This crazy weather has made it almost impossible to not get sick around here. I wonder if this is the case all around the world or if it is local. My sister is sick too, and she lives 600 miles from here! This bug I have has been going around here too.

Anyway, if you have a head cold, feel free to rant and rave about it here. We can ease one another's suffering with some humor or whatever.

The good news was that I had a day off from work. Don't get me wrong. I love my job. However, having to work while feeling like this would have been miserable! Then too, everyone where I work would be ticked off at me for bringing it to work and giving it to them. So I saved myself the trouble and them too.

So, what are you doing to get better? I ate something with garlic and lemon in it. I have a cough drop in my mouth. I've been resting on and off all day....

I’ve had the delight of a raging sinus infection for the past 2 weeks! Gotta love a constant bloody nose, steroid injections, and 14 days of antibiotics lol. Seriously though, have a hot toddy and get some rest ;) I was in a wedding this weekend and realized right before we walked down the aisle that I had snot on my face :meh:

I used to be a frequent flier in mucusville, "catching" colds quite often, ending up with bronchitis a couple or few times a year, getting flu-like symptoms more than the average bear, also suffering from what I'd been told was simply seasonal allergies (during all 4 seasons, though?), etc., etc.

In the last 3ish years, after eliminating highly mucus forming foods/beverages (esp. meat, dairy, eggs, gluten, caffeine, alcohol, and artificial stuff), I only get stuffy on the days of heavy spray in the sky that usually blocks out the sun. Those are the days I wake up the next morning with a head full of yellow crap. It's clear any other time. It takes an hour or so to blow it all out, but it doesn't linger like a "cold" used to. I ate up lots of sick time at work due to all those symptoms.

I had never in my life heard of mucus forming foods until a friend told me. Who knew? The book she shared with me was an annotated and revised version of The Mucusless Diet Healing System, initially written in the 20s or 30s by Arnold Ehret. Hahaha! Mucus, yet another thing I always thought I knew all I ever needed to know about it, but never fully realized just how much I needed to know. lol Apparently I wasn't "catching" nearly as much stuff as I thought I was. I was simply eating and drinking my way to my various ills. It still fascinates me to no end. Hoping those who suffer find soothing healing grooves. (tosses a few boxes of tissues around to whoever needs them)

Mucinix will get all that crap out of you. It's kinda pricy though. When I'm stuffy I put Vicks on my feet with socks on while I sleep. It helps you sleep better and clears you up for the morning. Get well soon!

My doctor gave me the flu immunisation yesterday. I have a very mild reaction with runny nose and feeling a little bit lousy since. But it's done now. My doctor actually had the flu herself two weeks ago. (It's starting early here) So I am hoping I am not one of the % that still get it. :)

Just getting over a head cold.
Still have a bit of a sore throat.

I had a proper sinus infection last year. Gah. That was unpleasant.
I spent an hour blowing my nose before I realised I was making snot faster than I could expell it. So I stopped trying to get it all cleared out. Went smoother after that.

This cold though. Ran out of Kleenex at work, had to use that brown paper towel for a full shift.
I swear, if they glued sand to it, it would actually make it softer. Should be against the law to make hydrophobic paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back