Medical Head trauma=50% of me?

damnedqueen

New Here
My bf tells me all the time that he wishes he could talk to the whole me again. He says he keeps waiting for me to wake up and that I'm just running on auto pilot. Is this a thing with ptsd and had trauma? To not notice that I'm on auto pilot?

StillPen

MyPTSD Pro
Can't speak directly about head trauma and PTSD, but for me, I learned that my running on "auto-pilot" was dissociation and the more stress I have, the worse it gets. Maybe do a search here on the forum to see if there are posts from others with head injuries? There's so much good info on this site.

Are you working with a therapist?

Hope you can find support here.

Friday

As someone who has had the bell rung more than a few times? The LAST person to notice a problem or changes with head trauma… is the person themselves.

I cannot more highly recommend the cognitive/neurological therapy available… and it is infinitely more effective IF you’re lucky enough to have someone who can clue the therapist into troubles you’re likely oblivious about.

At my own hospital of choice those therapies are under “speech pathology”, but other hospitals will organise themselves differently.

damnedqueen

New Here
Can't speak directly about head trauma and PTSD, but for me, I learned that my running on "auto-pilot" was dissociation and the more stress I have, the worse it gets. Maybe do a search here on the forum to see if there are posts from others with head injuries? There's so much good info on this site.

Are you working with a therapist?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get in to see a therapist yet. I'm actually on a waiting list for therapy (since Nov 2021). I'm have medicaid so not a huge variety of licensed therapist to choose from. Been to psychiatrist... 9 diff meds in 3 months? Moods were swinging everywhere with added bonus of weird side affects. So I quit!

Last edited by a moderator: