1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healing in rhythm - drum therapy

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by 419can.dance, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 419can.dance

419can.dance Active Member

Today I have Drum Therapy. We meet for 3hrs once a week. All of the members are very close because we have shared a journey that is unbelievable. I love this day. I look forward to this day every single week. However this week has been rough. I have been pacing my house. I was very manic one day and shaved my head! Now I am depressed because I shaved my head. I don’t want to discuss it in group therapy. I want to talk about it but I’m embarrassed.
    Maybe I will wear a hat.

Searching4Self, Rumors, Sietz and 2 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

I'm sorry you had a rough week. Don't be embarrassed...we all have coping mechanisms that kick in when we are scared. I would encourage you to talk about it and practice kindness toward yourself.

4. hithere

hithere Well-Known Member

don't be embarrassed about shaving you head, please. I bet it looks really great! You probably had a really good reason for doing it. Your hair will grow back. I'm sorry you regret the decision or feel it was an intense impulse and that you aren't connected to your whole self. But it was a way to cope for sure and it probably sounded like a great idea at the time. It's sort of a power move, like a "boss" move. I wish I was brave enough to shave my head. Show the world you have personal power. I hope you feel better. I do hand drums, too, and really enjoy it.