• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Military Heavy sigh...veterans day...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freida

MyPTSD Pro
I hate veterans day. Hate it hate it. I know it is to honor vets and that's all well and good. But it's also an anniversary date and the last thing I want is to reminded of my days in the military. I usually spend the day hiding in my house because I got talked into going to a parade a couple years ago and almost lost my sh*t.

Haven't been able to sleep the last couple days and when I'm do it's nightmare after nightmare. Plus I have a cold which makes me even whinier

Not really sure where I'm going with this ramble. Guess I'm doing my "share your feelings" homework. ...ugh

Sorry you're hurting. You're definitely not alone. It's a very emotional day. J called a few of his teammates this morning. He was laughing uncontrollably. It was great!

Do whatever you need to do to get through the day. Just don't turn on the tv. Nothing but war movies. :(

Welcome home @Freida and thank you sooooo much for your service and sacrifice!!

XO

Thanks all!

I made it thru the day -- kept my happy ass on the couch and watched cartoons on Netflix most of the day. Only snarled at hubby a couple times so that was a huge win. I've done a lot of work over this last couple year to try to get on top of these anniversary reactions. I'm still a basket case but I guess accepting why it bothers me is a start. Really, really glad I didn't have to leave the house!

Sorry @Frieda I didn't realise you were ex military. Thank you for your service my friend. It must be a very difficult time of year for you. I don't do so well myself with anniversaries of trauma either. Hope you managed to get through it OK. My best to you CD xx

Yep. Hate it.

I have a bad habit of blowing a kiss to the Reservation in my rear view mirror over 10Nov & Veterans Day. I'd say more but I'm still in mad distraction mode. Motherf*cking painful hard damn thing.

Celebrate & Mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back