• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello All - Diagnosed With CPTSD Last Year & In Alcohol Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogz

New Here
Hi, First time for me posting and just wanted to say high. I was diagnosed with CPTSD, last year unfortunately before diagnosed I used alcohol as a coping mechanism which spiralled out of control and led to dependency and a whole world of carnage. I in recovery now and looking at the road ahead. I’ve spent time in rehab and unfortunately legal custody. I’ve lost so much I it’s unbearable although I’ve chosen life and striving for recovery.

Thanks Rani G, big move for me, read some posts before signing up scary to see how many people on here, crazy felt so alone with this for so long

Hi @Mogz, welcome to the site. 😊 I also have CPTSD. It sounds like you've had a rough time. I've also spent time in custody. I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drunk alcohol for nearly 3 months. I also have given up smoking because I had a heart attack that nearly killed me. Wishing you well on your road to recovery. It's the best choice to make.

Welcome, also an addict in recovery with PTSD. Glad to see you took the risk and are being met with welcomes and 'yep, me too' support.

Sorry for the reasons you had to seek us out, but glad you are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back