• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Living with PTSD and DID for 14yrs. Just made a big move. Feeling overwhelmed and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMango

New Here
Finally got to leave the Big City and move to a beautiful slower paced town in the MidWest. It's such a relief to not have the over stimulation of city life to deal with. Loving the slower pace and beauty of the town. Having problems socializing. Only been here 3 months, so I realize I've gotta be patient. I'm so afraid I'm going to self isolate again. I've tried going out some, with not much success. People still scare me and/or are insensitive to my quirks. I don't mind being alone, my own company, but I can't stand how lonely I still am. No one to relate to.

Finally got to leave the Big City and move to a beautiful slower paced town in the MidWest. It's such a relief to not have the over stimulation of city life to deal with. Loving the slower pace and beauty of the town. Having problems socializing. Only been here 3 months, so I realize I've gotta be patient. I'm so afraid I'm going to self isolate again. I've tried going out some, with not much success. People still scare me and/or are insensitive to my quirks. I don't mind being alone, my own company, but I can't stand how lonely I still am. No one to relate to.
hello and welcome. ?✋

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. It does take time to make new friends or find activities you are interested in. Give yourself time. There might be organizations or clubs you just don't know about yet. If that is too overwhelming, check out the Chamber of Commerce and find out what is going on around town.

In the meantime, you can come here, get to know some of us and let us get to know you. It might fill up a few empty spots until you start to make friends. Glad you are here.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. It does take time to make new friends or find activities you are interested in. Give yourself time. There might be organizations or clubs you just don't know about yet. If that is too overwhelming, check out the Chamber of Commerce and find out what is going on around town.

In the meantime, you can come here, get to know some of us and let us get to know you. It might fill up a few empty spots until you start to make friends. Glad you are here.
Thank you ladee. I will definitely check out the Chamber of Commerce. Hadn't occurred to me. :) and glad I found this forum

Welcome :)

How do you try to socialize?
I've joined a mindful group, have gone to a couple of parties with my brother and an event in a park.

...also have joined a yoga studio.

I think socializing in a new place is difficult even without PTSD. Glad you got out of the city. Welcome to the forums!
Thank you and yes you are right.:)

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, things that are fun and that you enjoy. Give yourself time, you will meet quality friends!!! And we are here. You have a very positive outlook.

They might not understand about trauma and the things we have problems with, but we do. So hope you come and share with us and you will make friends here too..

Welcome! So happy you found us and this place. I found myself in a similar situation and the guidence I received was to take it slow and steady... Baby steps. I started by going to a local lake to feed ducks. I did that until I felt comfortable with another baby step. I was getting out of the house and doing normal things. At the little body of water I would say hello to the random person which helped me socialize even on that tiny scale and exposure. I built on that and now have a couple people In my life with the potential to become friends.

My interaction on this site also helped enormously. Probably my first baby step. You can do this.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, things that are fun and that you enjoy. Give yourself time, you will meet quality friends!!! And we are here. You have a very positive outlook.

They might not understand about trauma and the things we have problems with, but we do. So hope you come and share with us and you will make friends here too..
Wow! Yesterday was so crummy. Thank you ladee and everyone for your responses. :)

Welcome! So happy you found us and this place. I found myself in a similar situation and the guidence I received was to take it slow and steady... Baby steps. I started by going to a local lake to feed ducks. I did that until I felt comfortable with another baby step. I was getting out of the house and doing normal things. At the little body of water I would say hello to the random person which helped me socialize even on that tiny scale and exposure. I built on that and now have a couple people In my life with the potential to become friends.

My interaction on this site also helped enormously. Probably my first baby step. You can do this.
Me too!!? Baby steps!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back