• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Hello From Townsville Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammy

Confident
hello everyone,
It has certainly been a while for me. I am embarrassed to admit, I have been having computer problems and didn't know how to fix them. Some of you may remember me; I am the partner of PTSD cohort 18 participant Alex Barber. Those who know me know that when Alex and I started dating I was pregnant to another man. I had my son and Alex is the best step father ever!!! My son (who is one on Thursday) absolutely loves him, and it is returned. To those who knew us (and those who don't) you'll be happy to know that Alex and I are now expecting a child that is biologically both of ours. We don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet (we find out on the 3/11) but we are due on the 11th of April. At first I didn't want to post this but I know from personal experience that sometimes hearing some good news (even from strangers) can help with the emptiness some of us feel on a day to day basis. My partner was finally discharged from the defence force on the 29th August, and he is a little better for it. He still has episodes of being a pain in the rear, and we are still learning to deal with that, but all in all things are finally looking up. Anyway I just thought I would share our wonderful news with you all and I will keep you posted. By the way, we are hoping for a girl... so please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Hey Tam... bloody great to hear from you. I know I know... I have not rung back yet... how many months on. I really do suck at picking up that damn phone, I have no issues admitting that one. I am sorry... I know I must pick it up and call. You guys rock... and I really enjoy speaking with you both. Congrats on the bub... and pass on to Alex please. That is excellent news. Our new one drops in a couple of weeks... so we will post pics once here. No idea of sex though... thats a surprise still.

It is so good to hear from you actually, and maybe this is the sign to kick me in the arse, pickup the damn phone and call you guys. I did try to contact herb though, but him and kylie split, and I have no idea where he is now... still in Townsville somewhere, just don't know where.

Tammy,

That's awesome news. Congratulations to both of you. What Anthony actually meant to say is that our second bub is due in a couple of weeks. Anyone would think I was a cow about to drop a calf!! How time flies, its hard to believe that Jackson will be one this week!! Alexander will be two in November. Bub is due before Alexanders birthday but that of course is no real indication. We don't know what we are having and could have found out ages ago but chose not to. So we don't really mind either way.........they are all lovely whichever way you look at it. But fingers crossed for you if a girl is what you are after.

Good that Alex finally got out of the Army. It needed to happen for everyone's benefit. If its any consolation, Anthony is still a pain in the ass from time to time but we are both better at managing it than before the course.

Big hugs to all of you.

It has been a while

It is good to finally catch up again. Alex and I found out that Herb and Kylie split in a terrible way. We ran into Kylie in the shopping centre and invited them to my 21st (in July) and she told us then. Apparently they are still on speaking terms though... You might remember that Alex and I bought a car during the course that needed a bit of work. Well we finally got it road worthy and registered it two weeks ago. Unfortunately there is still a problem with the wiring- but hopefully that will be finished soon. Then we can drop in and catch up with every one up here! We haven't seen or heard from anyone (except Neville and his funny emails) since the catch up which was on my 21st birthday. Gill told us at the catch up that she was still in touch with you both so I guess you already know she did get her hip replacement- which she fully deserved. Alex is applying for a job as a prison warden at Stuart prison, which he'll hopefully get. I switched degrees from law to education; I have almost finished my first semester. At the end of this year I am taking a year off though to be a full time mum and maid... I was put on anti depressants after Jackson was born, but I just stopped taking them after about three months cos they weren't helping. I think sometimes (and am often told by Alex) that my moods are worse than his! I tend to agree though; I just blame it on the hormones. Alex and I have set a wedding date to- the 29th June 2008... but the way we are with money, we probably won't be able to afford it, but we can only try. Congratulations about the second child you are having together. We're sure you will all be very happy (most of the time). Alex and I didn't plan for this one at all, but we are counting it as a blessing. I am sixteen weeks along now, only another 24 weeks to go... Alex is so excited about it but at first he was a little reserved and he's still not as excited as I thought he would be. He says it's because he doesn't know what we're having yet... We are hoping for a girl because I don't think I want any more kids and a pigeon pair would be great. Anyway I had better go, before Alex starts wondering where I am. He has forgotten his password by the way, thats why he hasn't been on for a long time. Good luck with your growing family and all the very best.

Tammy, Alex and Jackson.
PS: Martha says there is a Christmas catch up to, it would be great if you could make it.

Hey Tammy,

Good to hear from you. Yeah we had heard that Herb and Kylie had seperated. You and I both know how hard PTSD can be to live with from the spouses point of view. Funny you, must be a pregnancy or a PTSD thing........Anthony is often blaming me for number of things......this time its pregnancy hormones, although next it will be post baby blues so who can say? I too thought Anthony would have been more excited about the baby but I have been sorely disappointed there. He was just as keen as I to have a babe in the initial stages but the novelty wore off before it even began. This babe was a planned one although it all happened a lot quicker than we anticipated - I don't know if we will have another. I would love another babe after this one but this pregnancy has tested my endurance, as I have been sick with one thing or another the entire pregnancy. Being sick, pregnant working fulltime, studying part-time, dealing with Anthony, his teenage son and a toddler have all taken their toll. I have been warned a couple of times to be careful as a premmy babe is just what we were headed for if things continued. Anyhow we have made it to 37 weeks so the premmy danger has passed, although I would like to hang on for another couple of weeks as I have struggled to keep weight on this time around.

Hugs to you, Alex and Jackson. We definately won't be attending any further reunions in Townsville. The last time Anthony went there, at the beginning of the year, resulted in a great deal of turmoil and grief for all of us. I don't know how you guys felt about the 'catch up' in January but it didn't do Anthony, me or our relationship any good at all. Things were way better before then.

It's Another Boy

Well, at the moment Alex's Dad is up from Newcastle; thankfully we get along really well. We took him to our scan yesterday; we are now 17 weeks and four days along, and we are having another boy! Apparently my disappointment was evident but I think I handled it ok. And now I am really excited about not having to buy everything all over again; I still have everything we had for Jackson- even all the clothes (I am a horder). Our son is due on the 10th of April now (they told us the 11th originally) and his name will be Phoenix David Gorden Barber! Alex is starting to show his excitement already. He even contacted his mothers family (he has only heard from his mother once on 23 years and hasn't seen her since he was two); we are waiting for her to call but we're not holding our breath. Alex's Dad is stoked, this is his third grand child (all boys) but this one is the first biological one! Jackson absolutely adores him, he follows him around all day! Jackson gives my belly hugs and kisses, and he was with us during the scan and the look on his face was priceless- it was like "what the hell is that?".

As for the reunions, I enjoy them because I enjoy seeing everyone again and showing off my baby boy. And I think because we don't really keep in touch with anyone- the reunions are better for us than for those who call or write throughout the year. The only part I really don't like about the reunions is when everyone talks about their medications. I don't know why, but it really upsets me. And at the last reunion I was too busy paying attention to what Jackson was doing cos he was crawling all over the place.

So far everything is going really well up here, except Jackson adn I have the flu. I understand what you mean about being sick during pregnancy, but the only other stressors in my life are uni, Jackson and Alex. I have finally learnt to switch off from almost everything else.

I hope all is going really well, and that your baby will be born beautiful and healthy. Let me know when he/she is born. Stay safe and healthy, Tammy, Alex, Jackson and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back