• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello, happy to be here - Recent hormonal changes have forced me to confront my childhood trauma(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyjane

New Here
Hi everyone,

I'm really glad to be here! I found this forum through Pete Walker's book. I'm 35f, from the US, but residing in Europe.

Recent hormonal changes have forced me to confront my childhood trauma(s). Although I've been through CBT, some DBT, and ACT during multiple therapy trajectories, I haven't had any therapy for trauma. My last therapist suggested a trauma trajectory, but I didn't think my history counted as traumatic. I started doing some reading on CPTSD, but wasn't ready to deal with it yet. But recent PMDD symptoms have thrown my emotions into chaos, and I decided I needed to face it once and for all.
I've read a ton in the last couple of months, and I'm especially interested in somatic stuff and the connection with chronic illness (of which I have... a lot). I'm mentally preparing myself to get a referral to a trauma therapist.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating here!

Welcome to the site! You’ve found a super special place…but I’m sorry that you have had trauma that has brought you here. Kudos on the therapies you’ve already done! To keep looking till you find what you need is a positive character trait, and you seem to have that trait already. It will lead you to more success than you can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back