Undiagnosed Hello. I'm 37 years old and I was mentally, psychologically and neglected from been as young as 4 by both parents til just a few months ago

Lesley83

New Here
Hello everyone, I'm Lesley, I'm 37 years old and I was mentally, psychologically and neglected from been as young as 4 by both parents til just a few months ago when I realised what they did classed as abuse. I've nearly off the symptoms of CPTSD, especially the physical affects. I'm constantly on edge around my mum and I feel disconnected from the world, it's like I'm here but I'm not. I don't feel special, I'm scared of conflict in case something "bad" happens. I'm nearly always bored but I'm too edgy to do anything and to actually unwind, I can only really unwind when it's bedtime and I can put on headphones to drown out the thoughts, and flashbacks in my head. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I was reading that both of those are related to CPTSD. I'm scared of my friends leaving me and I cannot stand up for myself in a argument. Thanks for reading. I'm very easily startled and even my other half sneezing I jump out of my skin with fright.

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Welcome! I hope you find answers here that will help you to decide to seek help. I know it's a 'label' but it does help to have someone qualified to diagnose you to get the real help you might need.

While you are deciding, read around the forum and see how many people feel the same way you do. About the same things and life in general.

Glad you are here. Sorry for the reasons, but still glad you are here.

Lesley83

New Here
Welcome! I hope you find answers here that will help you to decide to seek help. I know it's a 'label' but it does help to have someone qualified to diagnose you to get the real help you might need.

While you are deciding, read around the forum and see how many people feel the same way you do. About the same things and life in general.

Glad you are here. Sorry for the reasons, but still glad you are here.
Thank you, I'm actually ringing the doctors on Monday for some help. I'm already on antidepressants for anxiety and depression but I feel like I need some therapy for whatever I'm going through.