• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello. i'm new here. glad i found this place. domestic violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymm81

New Here
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but glad I found this place. I was diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety, and depression 18 months ago after my ex-boyfriend attacked me in my home because I didn't want to out for New Year's. I am in therapy and I feel like it's helping, but I'm still going through the ups and downs like it just happened yesterday. I'm not suicidal or anything, but I'm so tired of living like this (or not living). I try to put on a brave face, but I get headaches from the fake smiles and I'm tired of hiding how I really feel so I don't bother everyone else. I just don't know what else to do anymore.

Its the thought that you might have PTSD is whats making your life worse. Please I request, Please stop thinking you have PTSD and as Stress is one of the main reasons for PTSD do things that make you less stressful. Look at people around you and see all the rough times they are going through.Look at the blessed things God has bestowed on you and take 100% benifit of Gods greatest gift to mankind "Forgetting unwanted things". I am really sorry to hear that you went through hell in domestic violence. By going through them again and again you are letting a couple of bad things ruin your entire life. Look at yourself in the mirror and see how beautiful you are,see the creators artistic work in you and remember YOU ARE THE BEST. You boyfriend abused you because you are better than him and you are the best. There is a beautiful world out there where a handsome young man would take care of you. Work towards forgetting the couple of bad incidents and sing,dance,play in water,mud,walk in the park,enjoy fresh air,sunshine,trees birds and all natures creations. Also think that the whole world is filled with blind people, and you need not impress anyone . Live for yourself and live happily. Pray everyday that you should bring a smile in atleast one persons face.For every smile you do you get many back and your life will be filled with smiles. Good Luck

Its the thought that you might have PTSD is whats making your life worse. Please I request, Please stop...
Thank you for your kind words. And logically I know you're right. I just can't wrap my head around what happened, how it happened, and how I didn't know that kind of monster was inside of him. I know it was one night, but that one night has changed me and the way I look at everything and everyone.

Good to feel that are feeling good. Please do not become judge mental. Everyone has one of those bad days. I am sure there are so many bright sides in your life ,when you think makes you feel very very blessed.Look only at those things,feel them again,imagine and visualize that better days are ahead . You are the best and you are a born winner. Some incidents jolt you and make you feel hurt with pain ,but they are only temporary.Stay positive and start looking around you at the beautiful things,get back in touch with your old buddies (good friends) who will make you positive,and NEVER ,I repeat NEVER talk about the incident with them. Think positive,live +ve,associate with people who are +ve and your life will be happy.Each morning when you get up motivate yourself" I will be the cause of bringing a SMILE in someones face"It costs nothing,SMILE and am are sure you look your best when you SMILE.Good Luck

Hello there,Thank you very much for thinking positive. In your life that one night and incident are not even .0001% of your entire life.I am sure you know that .0001% is nothing when compared to your whole life. Please do not let that affect you and spoil a great beautiful and happiness filled future. I am confident that being a confident person you will not allow it to change your future. You are the only person in this entire world who can decide how your life should be.You cannot allow anyone,or thought or incident to rule your life. The creator has great plans for you and am sure has scripted a fabulous,happy,interesting life for you.Grab it with both hands,embrace it and start living your life to the fullest. YOU CAN & YOU WILL be the most happiest person on earth because thats what you will make your life.

Hi there, you are definitely not alone. II have been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Trauma and received brain damage and fractures to my neck after a long winded domestic relationship. I am two and a half years in and am still asking the same questions.

I am new to the site too and have found some of the information I have read helpful. It is so good to feel like your not alone and someone else actually understands

Hello There,Greetings from India,Depression and anxiety are just states of mind which can and will change with positive thinking and attitude.The less you think you are depressed the more the chances are that you feel like how you were a decade back. I am sure you would have been one of the most happiest,jolly going, most seeked after person in school. Your friends would have come over and spent so much time with you. Your family members would have been around you. Thats the true YOU. Gods great gift to us is to forget unwanted negative thoughts and look at the beauty around us,smile and keep going forward.Regarding your Trauma and fractures I can understand the physical and psychological pain you went through.Whoever caused you such pain did not deserve to have a great person like you in their life.They have moved on and am sure now back with another person doing the same nonsense and stupid things. Why are you clinging and holding on to them? Let go of all those thought.You were born to achive great heights and do wonderful things and not to cry over spilt milk.You have the courage,will power,determination,passion to be your same self that you were before all this happened.GO FOR IT. That life is far far better than thinking negative and hurting yourself more. All our wishes and support to you on your recovery.Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back