• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello! i'm sammy! i've experienced family related sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysammy

New Here
Hi everyone,
I'm Sammy. I'm a 31 year old woman from Australia. I'm a musician and a long-term girlfriend, and I'm a popular, 'funny', high energy and positive personality in my community. At least that's what people see in me - that's the facade I've put forward since forever.
I've experienced some family related sexual abuse as a child that I have blatantly ignored up until maybe a year ago when I suddenly couldn't stop intrusive thoughts. Thought I came out of it scot-free until then to be honest. So for the last few months I've been doing a lot of googling, and trying to work up the courage to tell my story to someone. Anyone, really. A doctor I feel like would be my best first step. Unfortunately it's really hard for me and kind of feels like admitting defeat. The furthest I've gone is to tell my partner a really watered down version of events just to justify why I've been weird the past year, especially in relation to our pretty dismal sex life.
Anyway, google lead me to this forum so I've decided to take the plunge and sign up. I've read a lot of stories and feel like already I can relate to a lot of people's situations.
I look forward to getting to know some of you, and hopefully even sharing my own story.
Thanks for having me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back