• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - Mentally, Physically and Sexually Abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeteyez72

New Here
Hi everyone

I belong to another ptsd forum but the members there are not very supportive. They only care about people who agree with them.

Anywhoo, I am a 34 yr old female with ptsd. I have it from childhood trauma-mentally, physically and sexually abused.

My ptsd symptoms seem to come and go. I tend to be stable for a while and am able to cope with life. However, when too much stress comes around, I fall apart and the symptoms come back. Its like I am on a rollercoaster, continual up and down moods. I am not bipolar, of which I thought I was but my former therapist said that I do not fit the important criteria for bipolar disorder.

I wanted to see if this was a common problem with people who have ptsd. Do you go through phases in your life where you feel like you have conquered ptsd but then to only realize later on that its back?

I also wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I hope that I find this forum more supportive and understanding than the other ptsd forum.

Take care
-Lorena

Hi Lorena, welcome to the forum. Well, let me just say that we are not here to shove anything down your throat, nor is there one way to the other side of PTSD. Its more about you working out which path is correct for you, we merely supply the information and answers, you make the choices on what is best for you, because its only you who can fix you, nobody else.

Yes, what you explained is exactly PTSD all over. You will be up, down and all over the place emotionally, anxiety and depression, without a doubt. Why? Likely because you have never really hit your trauma head on, face to face, straight into it. That is a known in order to heal trauma, but how you do it is up to you. What we don't support is self sympathy or self pity, because lets be honest, that crap just doesn't work, nor is it constructive to any off us who want to heal / have healed trauma already.

Healing is the hard part, emotionally speaking. Learning how to manage PTSD is the time consuming part, but less emotionally up and down than the initial healing process. Welcome, and look forward to reading you here.

Lorena,
Welcome and I hope you find the support you need here. Figuring out if you have PTSD is confusing and can be a source of frustration if you don't know or have an official diagnosis. I have been 60 days out of the hospital and still only have an official diagnosis of Severe Depression and Anxiety NOS most likely PTSD. Bipolar is unofficially diagnosed but my last psychiatrist didn't seem to think a diagnosis was important. So I have done a bunch of reading and feel now that dispite the diagnosis the bottom line is that my brain chemicals are out of whack and so I need to learn new skills on how to recognize my symptoms early so I can hopefully prevent another trip to the hospital or worse. Good luck I hope you find the great gifts I have from this forum.
Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back