• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello- Sexual Abuse and Terrorized By My Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

willing

Confident
My name is - what do I put my name or my login name?

I don't know if I have PTS(D) after reading Anthony's descriptions who knows. All I know is my memory is shot, I have a ball in my stomach, I can barely breath, I'm sure I'm going to die the list goes on. I was sexually abused and was terrorized by a drunken suicidal mother. She died unexpectedly, then my partners mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer which we took her through that and I watched her die and then all hell broke loose for me emotionally and now all I am doing is remembering my past and I am angry and feeling all alone and.... I think this is ruminating... so I'll stop because I'm afraid once I really start it/I won't ever stop.
Right now I have total anxiety just writing this
But I am willing.
I've got this first thing in my book marks
Bye for now...because now I watch.
Later

Hi willing. Welcome to the forum.

You use whatever name you are comfortable with being called on here.

To be honest, only a pyschratrist can diagnosis you but if you look at the buttons on the top of the forum, there is a forms button. Click on that and go through the diagnosis one. It will give you a better idea of where you stand. Sounds like you have been through a lot. We all get anxious when first posting (hehe and sometimes even now!) so that is a completly normal reaction. Anways, welcome and nice to have you.

bec

Thanks

I did the diagnosis and ...I'm in the right place. I just watched Anthony's presentation on ...I can't remember...but I loved the last statement and that was that we have a choice...I choose to live.
Thanks

Hi Willing, welcome to the forum. From what you describe above, you would not have PTS, as that is generally what is initially after trauma, before people form the full disorder itself from the chemical imbalance taking effect within the brain. PTSD is more likely due to the timeline IMHO. You have taken the biggest steps already, in that you accept the problems at hand, and your looking for help. Have you sought diagnosis as yet? If you have been diagnosed, it is likely accurate considering the depth of trauma you mentioned above. Welcome to healing willing, and congratulations on actively taking control of yourself, just by finding this forum.

:smile: Hi Willing,

Cool name! Hope what you find all the things you need to help you here.

Welcome!!!!

I wish we had a fast enough connection to due the stuff on the "get started here" thing. Our dinosaur dial up won't pull it up.

Take Care

D (wildcritter)

Hi Willing. I am new as well, and this is my first post on this forum. I must admit that I was hesitant to do this....gosh my hands are shaking so badly I can hardly type...but your post in particular led me to believe that maybe I was in the right place. I am now off to do my own introduction. Good luck in battling your inner demons, and thank you for opening up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back