• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello... Triggered and Full of Anger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Learning
Don't know what is going on with me lately when I'm not triggered any little thing sets me off and I then I'm angry for a while, sometimes days.

I'm glad to be here, have been reading and can relate to many posts.

Sparky

i have been up for over 24 hours i have trouble ever june and july. i was in battles in those months and earn the combat action ribbon. i have a terrible temper it doesn't take must to set me off. i start cussing swering and yelling the neighbors must think i him nuts. it is part of are illness with ptsd. the medial health doctor you sees me says that little thing would make some on angry he might have and earthquake of 2. a mild earthquark but we with ptsd have and 8-9 earthquarke with is a major earthquake. he has given me usfull tools to us and they work when i rember to use them. when i have a lack of sleep i am not using the tools the doctor taught me.

Hi Reallydown, Vietnam2nd and XXArmyWifeXX,

The wave put a smile on my face. It's great to be here, I am learning so much.

Thanks for the welcome.

Sparky

i've got some good sleep yesterday so my anger is so must better but i can't sleep tonight thank god i got my computer when i can't sleep it really helps. i belong to daily strength and have fun reading friends journals. i am new to this group but glad to find this site. i also belong to digg i love to give my opion on news items. that helps me with my anger if i keep busy. the doctor told me to keep busy. i have high blood pressur know he says lots of people get high blood pressure because of their ptsd and also because of my diebetis which is service connected. i tolk my blood pressure it is 130 over 110. my blood sugar reading 450. i am sure that is what is keeping me awake. the doctor told me to come down and take it easy i take a pill for my kidney which is also a blood pressure pill. i am trying to relax if my blood pressure don't go done i am suppose to call the rescue squad as with my blood pressure so high i am in danger of having a heart attack or a stroke. i am suppose to take my blood pressure ever hour well awake. i have a blood pressure montior that hookes up in texas and than the reading are sent to the desmoines va hospital. so long time anger can cause lots of health problems. so i am working on my anger problem.

My problem is always second guessing myself because of the ptsd when I get angry--to the point where I sometimes feel bad about being angry when I should be...angry.

I used to take klonopin and xanax thinking that it was helping, and maybe it did, to some degree. But the best for me is to remember how embarrassed I feel after one of my "losing it" episodes, trying to breathe (yes, I do have to actually remember to do that_ and just not react. I sometimes even succeed.

Wanted to add: I realized that I was addicted to the klonopin and xanax, which is why I stopped using them even though I want to. I've learned a lot about self-soothing because of necessity since quitting. Addiction is the last thing I need(ed)!

Hi Xmaxine,

I also forget to breath, lol. I've been prescribed Klonopin but things have to be really bad for me to take them because I am afraid of becoming dependent on them.

I was diagnosed with PTSD about 10 years. I am now starting to learn about it. Just found out about triggers a year ago... I still wonder why my therapist never told me...

Sparky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back