• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Help/ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I'm in a public situation or a social setting and it starts, and will stomp my foot and push my foot into the ground. I will also do things like start moving, dances moves. people think I'm hyper. I'm not, I'm trying to stay connected to the correct time and space.

I try to search the room or space for blue objects to look at, also I do the think with the feet...another good thing is to walk in grass barefoot if that option is there...also breathing essential oil like peppermint and lavender are helpful...sending good vibes

Thank you, I’ll try this... what do you do when you’re alone?
if alone I stay in it and look inside me what is happening to me what am I really experience g what flashback am I trying to keep away and i can do some processing of triggers... or just take care of myself. If I'm tryi g to get work done then it just means try and try and try again

One thing my new psydoc wants me to do as a priority is to soothe the inner child. I tend to dissociate in session with just a reference to family. So once I’m back in the room I’m to put my arms around myself in a hug, stroking like I would my cats and assure the inner child that it’s safe. Bloody hell but it feels crazy to write that down but I’ve been trying it lately when my body feels panicky for no apparently reason. Happens a lot during the night and I wake up feeling quite dissociated. I’m going to stick with it. Because this psydoc seems to know her stuff. And what’s the worst that can happen ;)

Mindfulness exercises can help, there's probably plenty on YouTube.

Going out and really noticing your surroundings and how your body feels

Writing in a journal with the aim of getting in touch with yourself better - how you feel emotionally physically, what kinds of things you're thinking about, what kinds of things you might like to do more of etc.

I like meditation too

Physical exercise, or something that wakes you up like a cold shower, snapping an elastic band on your wrist etc

Maybe set an alarm to go off a few times each day and each time spend a few moments asking yourself how dissociated you've been for the past few hours - noticing anything that seems relevant - kinda trying to investigate your dissociation, noticing if anything seems to make it better or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back