• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Help me bridge the gap between patients and medical providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aworldapart

New Here
I am a medical student working on a project that is described below. I am looking for someone to interview for this project who is willing to share their experience living with PTSD in an effort to help both health providers and those with PTSD.

As a physician-in-training, I spend a great deal of time learning the technical criteria for making a diagnosis. However, I understand that the list of symptoms that categorize a patient into one diagnosis or another do not accurately encompass what it means to live with PTSD. My hope is to create a bridge between these technical definitions and the experiences of people like you so that medical students and other health professionals can better understand what patients experience outside of a rigid list of symptoms.

• I would expect the interview to take 30-60 minutes, but I am willing to speak for a longer or shorter amount of time based on your availability and comfort level.
  • The interview will be anonymous. I will ask for your contact information simply in case I need to get in touch with you for some reason, but your real name will not be included in my final project.
  • My goal is to identify the aspects of living with PTSD that others may not understand. You may speak as little or as much about your trauma experience as you prefer, and you can expect my line of questions to focus on your experience with symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, etc. I promise to respect any boundaries you wish to set.
Thank you for reading this, and I hope that you will consider participating. This project is very important to me and I hope to produce something that will encourage my colleagues to think about patients in a way that goes beyond a few diagnostic criteria.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi, you probably need to send something a bit more official through to our contact form with your school authorisation and such for this project, otherwise you're just a random person claiming to be a doctor in training, asking for someone to give them their personal contact details. It comes across as creepy behaviour online.

Do you have approval from your institutional review board and an informed consent form? Legally, this is information that you should be providing to everyone you contact to be part of your research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back