• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Help Me Help Others - Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironrod

New Here
Hello,

I would like to ask for your help.

I've been working as a stress resileince trainer for some time. And last year I got very angry about the poor treatment our service personnell were receiving when they returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. So I researched PTSD and put together a programme consisting of all 12 different complimentary techniques to address the problems of PTSD.

I've done a number of trials and so far have a 71% success rate at releasing veterans from complex PTSD. I am now running a series of courses to build up the case information and also monitoring the progress of those who have been through the programme.

I've done all the development and delivery at my own expense and I tried to offer this through an army blog site and got flamed by a couple of traditional psychiatrist types. Rather than get involved in a public p*ssing contest - which would have solved nothing and confuse the PTSD casualties looking for help - I decided to walk away and focuss on building up my case files on the people who have completed the programme.

So I have two questions - firstly how do I get public awareness about the method I've developed without getting into a very wasteful debate with the old school rear guard? And is there anywhere I can get some funding to continue with the programme. I done everything for free so far but I need to make money from somewhere so that I can continue delivering the service.

I appreciate you support in reading this far and I look forward to you advice.

Thanks

Ironrod

Hi Ironrod. You have come to an excellent place looking for help. I haven't been here long, but I am feeling better already.

Hi Iron,

I have some questions.

What do you mean by "releasing veterns from complex PTSD?"

Also, exactly what type of therapy are these 12 types of techniques?

Welcome to the forum.

bec

Didn't realize veterans had complex PTSD. Thought that was the label given to abuse survivors. However. All these labels are bullshit in my humble opinion. PTSD is PTSD no matter how you got it.

Ironrod, why not start your own website?

Jim.

Hi Ironrod,

Funding can be obtained from various sources around the world, depending on how good your programme is I guess once presented. Most veteran organisations would look at it I believe, want to see studies and work with you before funding the project outright, but you could get recognition if you do the ground work I believe. I would contact your local veteran organisations and deliver the program to them, so they can see what it does, how it works, so forth.

Most Governments provide grants to those who develop significant means to impact a group of people.

I must add though, I am open to new and inventive means in which to help PTSD, hence why this place exists, why I have explored so many methods already present within the therapy industry, all of which work quite poorly overall, but in combination of particular pieces become more effective. Mental imagery is the best method that is cutting edge to work with trauma thus far... no doubts about it.

I would love to hear what you have though, and how you plan to resolve PTSD within veterans.

Dear Ironrod, Good luck. There was not one single government agency to go to for PTSD diagnosed individuals (regardless of the source of the trauma) so there was one woman who started a group and did have the credentials and schooling to back up the plan she had set forth. It was successful and it ran on donations from a local religious organization. Then her health failed and the group fell apart. The information that I recieved there in the short time I was fortunate to have attended was far superior to any that I had ever gotten from the psychologists and psychiatrists. Now, this is a fascinating bit of information, many psychiatrists and counselors attended this group because they were in pain themselves. I came to the conclusion that these doctors had to make a living like everyone else, so it was incumbent for them to foster a co-dependent type of relationship in order to stay in business. Which was not so with the independent group. There it was all laid out, in stark contrast to what had been, for me, a total and complete revealing of reams of information. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I felt I had wasted the $100,000 plus the ten years of my life on what had essentially been a snow job of sorts. Shame shame on the medical community! Now, it may not be like that in other parts of the USA or the world. But for my hometown it was and still is like this. Quite a little racket they have. The counselors were far more willing to show viable ways into wellness, give out reading lists of good books to help you acquaint yourself to what the history is and how the steps through the program helps the person with PTSD can be accomplished. I liken it to looking through a very small window versus being allowed to go outside and see the world for yourself. The skills I learned were so valuable. Never, not once, did any doctor say to me "It's not your fault. Your carrying guilt for something you had no control over." Not one of them ever said it was alright to grieve. There was so much information given to me that honestly I was overwhelmed with gratitude. So, get your steps in order and form a plan, go through all the hoop jumping that the government requires. Adhere to a long term goal. Keep in the loop reliable and HONEST physicians who have the wellness paradigm in place for their practice. Not every person will get better. That is the sad and sickening reality of this disease. Some spiral out of control despite all effort. There must be a failsafe plan in effect for them so that they won't fall through the cracks of the medical community. The emotions (a. in dealing with the patients b. in dealing with the governing bodies) will cause you to burn out easily. So, care for the caregiver is imperative. Learning to discern the deluded hypocrisy inherent in the governing bodies who oversee the dispensing of the grants and giving the official "okeedokie" on programs.
You have an extremely tough job ahead of you. Good luck, and I mean that sincerely, you will need it. Love, map9

Hi

Hi Ironrod.. no great advice here.. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say thanks for trying to help others like us. Anthony is fabulous.. and has great suggestions, I'm sure in chatting with him, you'll get some really good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back