• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Help Please- Anyone With Any Experience With Wheelchairs Has More Than Me, Help A New Guy Out A Little Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would close this thread if I could. Turns out she hates the chair and even though the hip that is in place now is just a place keeper designed to carry about 25% of her weight while the infection she got in her incision clears, she insists on using her walker and ignoring the doctors orders to use the chair.
I have written this next paragraph 4 times now but I just can't send it. I can't provide an explanation of the situation. It just is. If she damages the prosthetic, there is no further option. She will be bedridden, and right now that appears to be the goal. That is a subject for another thread, this one was supposed to be about healing and it isn't anymore and should be closed. My apologies.

No apologies @enough . I am sorry for your worry and grief, because you love her and you're fearing the worst/ her non-compliance with the drs. 😟 Many people make out ok anyway, fwiw.

Just a thought, humbly because you've made it together this far after all these years, but can you gently talk to her about why, say help me to understand more? (The curious not furious principle)?

Good luck. 🤗

been down that road, and many others. Thanks for the well wishes. I got this. I keep typing out explanations here and deleting them. Nothing I say about it can even begin to express the situation here. We will be fine, I will survive.

I would close this thread if I could.
That is a subject for another thread, this one was supposed to be about healing and it isn't anymore and should be closed.
Mod Note

I’m going to go ahead & lock this for you, right now... as the situation has progressed away from it’s original intent as a social-thread learning about chairs & brainstorming solutions, to a complex & painful series of questions better suited in any of several more serious forums, depending on which direction you’d be looking for support. IE it exactly meets the criteria we would use for locking a thread.

Whilst we don’t delete threads on request, and we rarely lock them by request, we are always willing to discuss doing so. This would be one of those instances where, I agree, locking it -at least temporarily- does sound like the best option. Rather than moving it to a different, more serious, forum, merging it into another thread, to simply stop watching it if causing distress, and other options available.

At any time that you’d like this thread opened back up? Just hit us up over at Contact Us & link this thread, & we can re-open it for more support, brainstorming, etc.

- Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back