• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault Help please - stabbed by an ex who would only call 911 if i said it was self inflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 7th 2015 I was stabbed by an ex who I was trying to prevent from leav8ng to pursue a heroine addiction ( non violently ) long story short she smashed a picture frame and stabbed me with a shard of glass, coming withing an eight inch of my heart. I lay on the ground blood fountaining out of my chest. She left but came back and would only call 911 if I said I stabbed myself. Police saw through this. At first I felt I had a new lease on life. But now it's horrible, I'm alone I drink daily, pop pills like candy I just want to die I've been through enough. Two major surgery a permanent stint in a major artery I have to explain every time I get an xray. No therapist has helped me. I cry lately, a lot. What do I do. I look at the pain of nearing death and think it wouldn't be hard to finish the job. Friends love to joke about it. Idk what to do.

August 7th 2015 I was stabbed by an ex who I was trying to prevent from leav8ng to pursue a heroi...
Thanks for the post. Welcome to this forum. Its a good place to come and talk with others that are here for similar reasons lots of good caring supportive folks here ready to listen or needing to talk don't matter. Glad you were able to get here
Peace be safe

Finding a good therapist is hard but important, my suggestion is finding one by recommendation , maybe if you find someone here from your area, they can recommend you someone...

And if you hadn't you should tell your friends how uncomfortable makes you feel that they joke about such a sensitive thing, there are limits, I don't know why some people find abuse funny ...

Hang on.

Hey man, sorry you're here, but glad you found us.

One thing you might look into is 'crime victims services' via your local PD or Hospital or DV network. Same org, just different avenues of getting to them. In theory as a victim of a violent crime, they "should" have gotten in contact with you ...but... The realities of serious & life threatening medical issues means they often just leave a card at the nurses station, or ask the detective to refer you (who forgets, or offers them to you when your head is a million miles away, overwhelmed, drugged, or all 3), and everything gets lost in the shuffle.

Different areas have different levels of funding, but common things offered are trauma counseling or referrals to trauma therapists (paid for), relocation services, legal services (filing restraining orders, address confidentiality programs, etc.), help applying for temporary or long term disability, an advocate to help you navigate the twisted bureaucracy of medico-legal confusion, etc.

I don't know what to say, so just glad you found the forum.

Hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back