• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi All - Saying Hello to PTSD Sufferers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a safe place to be. I understand totally what you are saying. And it seems like such a small thing. Sometimes when I am speaking to my family/friends about what is going on it is almost like I am speaking another language, they listen, but only to an extent. It is beyond what they are familuar with, I mean how to you explain it to them? I shut out the people in my life for a long time because of it. I have been reading the posts here, and frequently I am amazed, some of the thoughts are like the ones I have, it is like someone took every negative thought I have out of my head. It is one of the few places where I don't mind being "weird".

Yep, sounds like the book they wrote about me... well, not about me, but the one my initial counsellor gave me to read about a veteran who expressed his emotions with PTSD, and then I returned it too her with those words, "they wrote a book about me." That didn't go down well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back